Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Oregons Governor's race

I had the chance to see the candidate who is running for the governors office under the Constitution Party, on cable access tv in our town. She was straight forward on her feelings about a lot of things, and very vocal about how illegal immigration is hurting this state and this country.

I had wanted to vote for the republican Ron Saxton, but so far I have not seen any meat to his campaign on illegal immigraion. The Constitution Party candidate was at one of the Oregonians for Immigration Reforms protests!

Guess who is getting my vote? As well I have at least pledged my lawn for her sign, but plan to do more to get the word out about her and our need in this state for her.

Here is some information on her: [b]The quality of life we have enjoyed in Oregon is being compromised by an invasion of illegal aliens.

Consider that last year alone Oregonians spent more than $32.5 million to incarcerate criminals here in the state unlawfully according to the Oregon Department of Corrections.

That doesn’t begin to compare to the human cost victims of violent crimes by illegals are forced to bear.

The disproportionate number of illegal aliens incarcerated shows that not all who come here unlawfully are here to make an honest living.

Last year alone, the Salem School District spent over $7 million on bilingual programs but only $668,000 on the Talented and Gifted (TAG) program. What that amounted to was an extra $ 2,500 per illegal student and a mere $131 per TAG student. In total, more than $35 million was spent last year on bilingual programs for public schools.

Several months ago it was announced that the Oregon Department of Human Services was $172 million over budget just five months into the biennium. Despite being over budget the DHS sent out employees on Saturdays, paying them overtime to attend events sponsored by the Mexican Consulate. There, they explained to Mexican nationals how to best access Oregon state benefits.

Our social services, emergency medical system and education systems are collapsing around us.

Rx for Disaster

A two year study released June 14, 2006 by The Institute of Medicine says emergency care in the nation can barely handle daily demands. Illegals stream into local emergency rooms knowing they won’t be turned away.

Hospitals showed a 26 % increase in volume during the past decade yet during that same time our country lost 425 emergency departments.

Un-reimbursed medical care for aliens has resulted in hospitals going bankrupt and closing their doors.

What that adds up to is potentially longer trips to hospitals farther away for you and your loved ones in life-threatening emergencies[/b].
    http://www.marystarrettforgovernor.com/

See for yourselves, above is the link to her campaign site.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope she wins! do you think she has a chance?
    Build the dam fence post haste!