Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Part 5 - The ‘we can't deport all 12 million illegal a

Part 5 - The ‘we can't deport all 12 million illegal aliens...’ scam
    Don't be fooled by peddlers of ‘Immigration Reform’ Scams
    By S. J. Miller

http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=9318

{CLICK HERE for Series Overview}

You generally hear this one from government officials replying to angry citizens' demands that laws be enforced. Variations include "We can't send them back, there's too many� " and "We can't stop them from coming so long as the economic disparity exists� (or "so long as we have jobs they're willing to take�). The intent is to convince you that they'd like to help you, but it's just beyond their control. There may be a dramatic gesture of throwing up their hands for emphasis at this point.

You may even hear the piteous whine that "The US can't conduct mass roundups for 10 million illegals and deport them in boxcars" in their well-practiced attempts to promote guilt for the Nazi-like images they promote. Talk about manipulation. Of course, you agree that the US doesn't want to be Nazis, and faster than you can say, "it's not an amnesty, really," you've set yourself up.

Next, you'll hear that the only alternative is an amnesty. And you reluctantly agree, knowing you're being conned but just don't how it all happened.

This is baloney, and that's why it's called a scam.

It premiered in a Miami speech by Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge on Tuesday, December 9. "The bottom line is, as a country we have to come to grips with the presence of 8 to 12 million illegals, afford them some kind of legal status some way, but also as a country decide what our immigration policy is and then enforce it," Ridge said at a town hall meeting at Miami-Dade Community College. (1)

Americans knew what that speech meant, and raised a ruckus with Secretary Ridge. Because we knew he was "testing the waters" for his boss, George W. Bush, the White House caught the heat as well.

What's important to note here is that White House numbers on illegal immigration have now been recognized as (ahem) lies. Their standing annual count of 1 million illegal aliens entering was destroyed by Time Magazine - as their September 2004 coverage revealed the 2003 number to be 3 million, well known by the Administration.

Ridge's "8 to 12 million illegals" has also been exposed as false by a non-Administration source, Robert Justich, a senior managing director at Bear Stearns Asset Management. His January 3 2005 estimate in Barron's magazine is 18-20 million illegal aliens, double what the Bush Administration wanted us to believe in urging their "guest-worker plan" that's "not an amnesty."

Was anyone surprised that the same White House urging an illegal alien amnesty would "under-report" the illegal alien population?

Not when we recall the falsified "low-ball" White House estimate of $400 billion for George W. Bush's 2003 "Medicare Rx/Reform" bill. Within three months, Congress learned from Medicare Chief actuary Richard Foster that he'd reduced by 33.5% his original number of $534 billion when White House aides threatened his dismissal if he didn't. Their reason: the number had to be $400 billion because "that's the maximum Congress would accept."

A month after Ridge, Americans were outraged to hear George W. Bush present his "guest-worker plan" that would "match willing workers with willing employers." White House lines rang busy for nearly a week. Only after 5 days of busy signals on their fax line was I finally able to send my protest letter between 2-5am.

During 2004, several others parroted the George W. Bush "guest-worker plan that's not an amnesty," always preceeding it with "we can't deport 8-12 million illegals." They included Homeland Security Undersecretary Assa Hutchinson, Senator Jon Kyl of Arizona, and most recently Senator John Cornyn of Texas. Since I'm not a cable subscriber, I don't watch Bill O'Reilly but friends who do tell me O'Reilly uses it as well. If that's true, O'Reilly has joined the Bush "amnesty sales blitz" team.

Upon taking his new post as Chair of the Senate Immigration subcommittee, John Cornyn (R,TX) made it obvious that he's a shill for the Bush "guest worker plan" in his January 13 2005 comments to the Washington Times:

"The new chairman of the Senate Judiciary immigration subcommittee, Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican, who sponsored a temporary-worker bill last year, said he will hold hearings and raise the profile of the issue. 'I don't believe amnesty is doable, nor do I believe that should be our goal, and I don't hear the president suggesting that should be. Just to the contrary,' he said. 'On the other hand, I would say we have 10 million people living in this country outside of our laws. I don't believe the American people would have the stomach for deporting 10 million people, nor do I believe our economy could sustain the loss of 6 million people who are currently in our work force.'" (2)

Nonsense! The "loss of 6 million" illegal aliens from the work force will help some of the 14 million Americans who can't find a full-time job. They don't all pick lettuce as Bush, Cornyn and their allies would have you believe (more about this in Part 10, The "Jobs Americans Won't Do" Scam).

So committed is Cornyn to the Bush Administration's propaganda that he stubbornly parrots the "10 million Illegals" number 10 days after Barron's has exposed it as a lie. He may as well say, " That's our story and we're sticking to it." I expect Congressman Dave Dreier to be next to jump on the Bush "guest-worker plan" bandwagon.

"Self-deportation" alternative
    Other names include "illegal alien unfriendly environment" and "zero-tolerance for immigration violations."

Just like any other salesman, politicians peddling the "We can't deport..." scam don't tell you about a better product offered by their competitor. It comes from Congressman Tom Tancredo (R, CO), but "illegal immigration unfriendly environment" is mine.

A friend retired retired after 27 years' Border Patrol service agrees, as does a gentleman from Overland Park, KS that I've never met, Carlos Ramirez. (3) So it's true that great minds think alike!

The liberal hand-wringers will howl in horror at the concept of being "unfriendly" to illegal aliens, but it's what hard-working American taxpayers are expected to observe:
    (1) Enforce current immigration laws against violating employers.

The new Workplace Verification program (enabling applicants' Social Security numbers to be matched against the holder's name on SSA records) has been successful in the 6 "pilot" states, and is now available in all 50. It's a voluntary program, but employers refusing to use the system reveal their intention to hire illegals.

Stop the "blind eye, deaf ear" sanctuary policies in cities and states like Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and the entire state of Maine! In Phoenix, it's Operations Order 1.4, but kept very quiet from the public. A general rule of thumb is that any city where "day laborer centers" operate probably order their police forced to recognize "sanctuary."

He's on a Crusade for Big Business!
    (2) Eliminate US attractions for illegal aliens.

a. public assistance program eligibility limited to citizens, with proof of citizenship required for applicants, similar to Arizona's Prop 200 (and in progress in several other states)

b. proof of citizenship required for voter registration, and photo ID required at the polls. And despite the whim of Arizona's governor Janet Napolitano, a sworn statement of citizenship is NOT acceptable. Sheesh!!!!

c. cease government funding of any private foundation or non-profit group that serves illegal aliens. Such private groups currently include Catholic Charities, Lutheran Social Services, American Friends Service Committee, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society and many others. Our tax money shouldn't be spent to aid those who violate immigration laws.

A reader told of Plymouth, CA where Mercy Housing of Sacramento project of 7 subsidized homes at Hawksview Estates. The wholly-owned affiliate of Catholic Charities chose two employees of nearby Amador County wineries among the first resident. And you guessed it - 2003 tax filings for Mercy Housing of Sacramento show that 100% of their income came from government grants and contracts!

Of the first 7 Hawksview units, 6 were awarded to families whose head of household are non-English speaking Mexicans. No one would be surprised to learn they were illegals, but I wouldn't even bother asking Catholic Charities such a question; I have no doubt of their response: "We help anyone in need regardless of immigration status."

Applicants for subsequent housing units reported they only learned about the program upon seeing the first units under construction. The question of how the "first families" learned about the new housing units available will never be admitted, but likely circulated in the "illegal alien underground."

That public tax money provides assistance and "support services" to illegal aliens is an outrage! If wine industry employers' costs increase, they should be passed to industry customers - that's the way a free market works. I'm not a wine-drinker, but it's clear that my tax money subsidizes cheap labor for the wine industry. Can anyone doubt that this example is repeated in hundreds of cities and industries nationwide?

d. end the current "auto-citizenship by birth" custom of giving citizenship to children of illegal aliens born in the US, making them eligible for all publicly-funded welfare benefits. American citizenship should be granted, not stolen. Legislation is pending in Congress to achieve this - contact your congressman to support it.

e. federal laws barring acceptance of ANY foreign issued ID cards, such as the Mexican matricula consular. Despite warnings by the FBI, Justice Department and Homeland Security Department, US bankers have pressured the Treasury Department to recognize these notoriously fraud-prone-cards for opening bank accounts. These cards aren't even recognized by Mexican banks, nor by 22 of their 32 Mexican states!

f. no government reimbursement to hospitals rendering non-emergency medical care to illegal aliens. If these hospitals feel compelled to provide full-service medical care to illegals, let them seek reimbursement from private donations.

g. US financial and identification systems available only to those in the country legally.

What NOT to do is to make illegals' life easier, such as some individuals feel is warranted:

"They're here to work, and need to drive, so we must give them drivers licenses." Let the employer who benefits from their "cheap labor" provide any transportation they need.

"They're here and need to have a home, so we're going to make it easy for them to get mortgages." (4) (5) Might this person be either a realtor or a banker?

BICE (Bureau of Immigration & Customs Enforcement, formerly INS) would place legal immigrant applications at highest priority, with "legalization of illegal aliens already here" the lowest priority. "Legalization" should be lowest BICE priority, limited to "report and deport."

"Zero tolerance" policies is expected to end the ability of illegal aliens to survive in the US through taxpayer-funded assistance, whether public or private. That's neither "cruel" or "inhumane," but what Americans are expected to do every day. Eliminating these "back-door benefits" would either force illegals to leave the country or force employers to pay them a wage sufficient to pay all their living expenses (which would eliminate the financial benefit of hiring illegals!).

"Self-deportation" would resolve the problem within 5-7 years. It won't be 100%, but the remaining illegal population would be a feasible number for BICE to pursue and deport. The best bonus is that the "illegal alien grapevine" will quickly send the word back home - don't bother coming. Illegals attempting to jump the border would be reduced from a flood to a trickle that the Border Patrol could control with military backup.

Does anyone else believe it would work? You bet. Government officials serving "cheap labor businesses" know it would be effective!

What better proof than the billions in tax dollars funneled by federal, state and local governments to non-profit groups AND government agencies for subsidies, grants, funds, studies, etc that assist illegal aliens?

Why did government officials from the White House down to the Mayors of Phoenix and Tucson oppose Arizona's Prop 200! Both questions have one answer: they know that illegal aliens can't live on "cheap-labor" wages, and without public tax subsidies, the "cheap labor" will disappear.

It's both effective and humane, and the only objectors are those who profit from illegal immigration.

Let's Roll.

~ Resources ~

(1) Homeland Security Chief endorses legalizing undocumented immigrants, Orlando Sun-Sentinel, December 10 2003.

(2) Immigration Plan discouraged by GOP lawmakers, Washington Times, January 13, 2005.

(3) Deportation is a good first step, Orlando (FL) Sun-Sentinel, Jan 9 2005.

(4) Mortgages Made Easier for Wisconsin's Illegal Immigrants, The Milwaukee Channel, Jan. 4 2005.

(5) Pilot program funds mortgage loans for illegal aliens, Duluth News-Tribune, Jan 4 2005.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

This is a very silly argument. If it's not possible to deport all of them (and there are certainly more than only 12 million), is it not possible to deport a great many of them? Do policemen abandon their duty to arrest criminals because it's "impossible to arrest all criminals"? No. Unadulterated stupidity.

Actually, it would be costly to deport 12 to 20 million illegals and some type of amnesty with some deportations would be wise BUT why does anyone think Washington will enforce any immigration laws after any new amnesty anymore than they did after the amnesty of 1986 and if they can't do anything after 9-11 when 4 planes get hijacked why would anyone believe Washington politicians? This is the problem!

If this was NAZI Germany you could round up and deport millions but with the ACLU, La Raza, MALDEF and Immigration Lawyers you will not get very far before some bleeding hearted liberal judge from the 9th ciruit court of appeals in Haight Ashbury what have you been smoking San Francisco orders a halt.

1. Army on the border.
    2. No automatic citizenship for children of illegals!
    3. No illegals in our public schools!
    4. No loans for illegals!
    5. National identity card for all!
    6. Limited deportations away from the border but enough to send a message!
    7. Fines and JAIL time for business owners who hire illegals!
    8. Emergency health care and nothing more! That means the door is shut if you have a simple cut or cold!

Accept and endorse FULLY these 7 principals and the game is over. When 360 million Latin Americans understand the gringos want no more people then they will stay in Mexico or ANYWHERE else.

But because it is all about $$$$$$ politican lawyers will adopt one or two things above and will not do the rest so the problem will remain.

Those 7 principals above are the whole enchilada......leave one or two or three out and you have a rotten taco! I would fully endose another AMNESTY IF Washington could assure us that they will enforce the 7 principals above but they will not!

As my legal immigrant wife says "stop giving them jobs and benefits and they will not come here!"

We cant arrest all of them, which I put around 15 to 20 million but we sure can arrest a good amount of them.

Do policemen abandon their duty to arrest criminals because it's "impossible to arrest all criminals"? No. Unadulterated stupidity.
    Touche' Crackbone!

Thank you SIXX, for yet another VERY relevant post!

tms

STOP THE ANCHOR BABIES!!!!
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

1942 in the United States. Internment Camps for Japanese. It can be done. Do you have the testosterone and estrogen i.e. "gonads" to do what must be done? As a retired military officer, frankly, I find it hard to talk with you civilians. Most of you have never even shot a Daisy BB gun in anger. So you don't really see this as a war for the survival of AMERICA. Not your fault. But if you have never been in combat like me and Charlesoakisland, don't criticise, just sit back and shut up. Nobody is asking you to do anything. No demands that you may find offensive. You know why I respect Charlesoakisland so much? He fought in a war that was the worst thing that has ever been fought. I have sent him personal messages. He does not, I repeat, does NOT want to talk about Viet Nam.
    I don't want to talk about Desert Storm. But you that have never been in the military, chill out and get out of the way. We are a different breed of people. That does not make you wrong and us right, or vice versa. Nobody, especially me, is asking you to anything that would interupt your bree and quiche. Drive your SUV to the P.T.A. meetings. Take Barbie to the hair dresser and Jr. to soccer practice. Frankly, we do not expect more from you. You were not with Charlesoakisland in Nam and you damn sure were not with me in Iraq. It's cool. Just don't put your it "can't be done", "it won't work", and "I am scared" crap on us. That way you can live and we will, as we always have, protect you.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN