Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pat Buchanan Doused With Salad Dressing

Pat Buchanan Doused With Salad Dressing

LINK to Article

Fri Apr 1, 8:46 AM ET U.S. National - AP

KALAMAZOO, Mich. - Commentator and former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan cut short an appearance after an opponent of his conservative views doused him with salad dressing.

"Stop the bigotry!" the demonstrator shouted as he hurled the liquid Thursday night during the program at Western Michigan University. The incident came just two days after another noted conservative, William Kristol, was struck by a pie during an appearance at a college in Indiana.

After he was hit, Buchanan cut short his question-and-answer session with the audience, saying, "Thank you all for coming, but I'm going to have to get my hair washed."

The demonstrator, identified by authorities as a 24-year-old student at Kalamazoo Valley Community College, was arrested and faces a misdemeanor charge of disturbing the peace. He was released on a $100 cash bond, pending his April 14 arraignment.

"He could have faced a felony assault charge, but Pat Buchanan decided to not press that charge," university spokesman Matt Kurz said.

Buchanan's visit had evoked controversy on campus because it fell on the birthday of the late Mexican-American labor leader Cesar Chavez. Buchanan favors tighter controls on immigration.

Kristol, editor of the influential conservative magazine The Weekly Standard and former chief of staff to Vice President Quayle, was splattered by a student during a speech Tuesday at Earlham College in Richmond, Ind.

Members of the audience at the Quaker college jeered the student, then applauded as Kristol wiped the pie from his face and said, "Just let me finish this point." Kristol then completed his speech and took questions from the audience.

The student, who was not immediately identified, was suspended and could face expulsion following a disciplinary review, Earlham Provost Len Clark said Wednesday.

Clark also issued a written apology complimenting Kristol for his "graciousness."

Hehehe.. was it Italian, Russian or THOUSAND ISLAND???

"This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Those liberal open border types sure aren't very tolerant of opposing views, are they?
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

I wonder if the dressing was border ranch?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGirl1
    I wonder if the dressing was border ranch?
    Don't waste the blue cheese .. that's my favorite especially the kind with the big "hunksa" cheese.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Me too! That and Oil and Vinegar,but that wouldn't be very impressive to throw on someone.

I want to know why the names of the perpatrators are not in this article. If they are over 18 and they have been charged, we should have the names.

Also, Ann Coulter was recently heckled so badly that the police had to be called at an event.

These people do not share our values and they do not show any respect for different opinions. How un-AMERICAN. No wonder their home countries are such a wreck.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is a link to the video of Pat getting doused

http://video.woodtv.com/index.php?video_id=437

Thank you Eric and welcome to ALIPAC. After watching this video and seeing the picture above I have this to say... I do not find this stunt humerous.

I find it degrading and sad that someone would do something like that anyone. Can you imagine caring so much for your nation and being there in front of so many people and having that happen? I know Pat B. has a thick skin, but it is still a shame.

When the man approached he had no idea what was going to happen. It could have been acid or something vile. It could have been an assassin.

What does this communicate? Is it an indictment of Pat's views? No, the message here is that some of those that have a different opinion have no class, no respect, no common courtesy, no maturity, and no place in the debate. They fully illustrate Mr. B's points about our nation and culture.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think he should have pressed felony charges. That way the kid would only have one vote.

Remember, vote early and vote often. -DNC
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Pat your enemies on the back until the right time comes, then take your revenge like a tiger. Never forget who conned you, hurt you or cheated you, regardless of who they are."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast