Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Paul Ryan on voting for Trump: I already voted for 'for our nominee'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Paul Ryan on voting for Trump: I already voted for 'for our nominee'

Paul Ryan on voting for Trump: I already voted for 'for our nominee'

By Tom Kludt, CNN
    Updated 9:23 AM ET, Tue November 1, 2016

(CNN)Paul Ryan might be done defending Donald Trump, but the House speaker said Tuesday that he still followed through on his pledge to vote for the Republican Party's presidential nominee.

Ryan told Fox News that he already cast his vote in his hometown of Janesville, Wisconsin, but didn't use the real estate mogul's name.

"I stand where I've stood all fall and all summer," Ryan said during an appearance on "Fox and Friends." "In fact I already voted here in Janesville for our nominee last week in early voting. We need to support our entire Republican ticket."

The Wisconsin Republican has had a tense relationship with Trump throughout the campaign, with Ryan frequently drawing the ire of the real estate mogul.

While Trump is in Wisconsin for a rally Tuesday night, Ryan said he didn't find out it was happening until 10 minutes before the 8:30 a.m. ET Fox interview.

"I didn't know that," Ryan said, before adding that he's on his way to campaign for Republicans in Indiana.

After a recording emerged last month in which Trump could be heard bragging about groping women, Ryan told his fellow Republicans that he would no longer defend the party's presidential nominee. Trump fired back on Twitter, chastising Ryan for undermining the GOP's efforts.

Undecided? Find your presidential match

But on Tuesday, Ryan said he would welcome Trump over what he suggested would be a scandal-ridden Hillary Clinton presidency.

"This is what life with the Clintons look like," Ryan said, alluding to the revelation that the FBI is reviewing new emails associated with a top Clinton aide. "There's always a scandal, one after another, there's an investigation."

"So they can't win, and she can come in with Democratic congress -- worst of all possible things -- if Republicans do not turn out and do not vote," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/01/politi...ump/index.html

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn