Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Phoenix, AZ protest rally

I live in Phoenix, Az and I know Senior Jorge Bush is going to be in El Mirage on Monday. I was wondering if anyone knew of any sort of protests that might be happening in the area either for immigration reform or to get our troops out of Iraq. I firmly believe Jorge is getting rich off of this monster war he's started and also believe that troops need to be pulled out of the middle east and set up along our Southern boarders. Does anyone know anything or can they point me in a direction?

i wish i did
    YOU got to SCREAM TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! AND I WON'T STOP SCREAMING UNTIL MINE IS HEARD!

I moved from California to Arizona almost 3 years ago.

This is the website of the 'Yuma Patriots', the biggest borderwatch group (for now). They also may know of some rallies.
    http://www.yumapatriots.us/

This group was also, and I think still is, based and operated out of southern Arizona. They do borderwatches and may know of some rallies.
    http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/

There are several other smaller Arizona-based groups but I don't have links for those. I have worked with both of the groups I listed, they have some good people both of them.

i live in yuma and tried to contact the patriots a while ago and they didnt respond
    YOU got to SCREAM TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! AND I WON'T STOP SCREAMING UNTIL MINE IS HEARD!

Because of goonies (counterprotesters bwahahahahahah <gasp> <choke>), everyone is being very careful. Both of these groups have phone numbers on their webpages, I just checked a few minutes ago before I put up the links.

You just have to be patient. It took me a good two weeks to communicate with MMHQ and there were some sucky SNAFUs but we got it done. It took 2 MONTHS to communicate successfully with Yuma Patriots but that eventually turned out well. They're being very careful and they're under a lot of stress right now as well, as you know things are a mess and will only get more so through November and maybe beyond.

So my advice is to be persistant and patient and don't take it personally. They aren't perfect, but they are great people.

Well, Bush is going to be in El Mirage, AZ on Monday so I hope they respond before that. I'd hate to be one person out there by myself amongst all those hippy-dippy types who might turn the violence toward me and my Senior Jorge protest sign. We all know how people with our point of view are received at these functions already.

I don't think they will respond in time so if anyone else who lives here wants to get together and go out and protest Senior Jorge, then I will go. I've just never even been to a protest rally. I have no idea where to park (I'd hate to get my tires slashed), if I need a permit, if some government thug or left wing nut job is going to knock me to the ground because the sign I hold, or anything else. I'm going whether or not anyone else goes with me. I'd just prefer not to be alone when I do go.

I just got back from a borderwatch experience so unfortunately I'm stuck at home for a couple weeks. I did send out some email with this link so hopefully someone will get back to you. I left a lot of people behind at the border (they're still there) so most of the people I know, who could help you, won't have Internet access.

There likely will be other people protesting there for different causes, A.N.S.W.E.R. for one, Cindy Sheehan's group for another, you might be able to link up with them. If you stay quiet about your 'secure borders' concerns you should be able to hook up with the usual anti-Iraq-war protesters who go everywhere Baby Bush goes, but that's very risky just watch what you say and check your signs over very carefully.

If A.N.S.W.E.R or the Sheehan group is there, be prepared for ProtestWarriors to be there countering; if other pro-secure-border groups are there, be prepared for goonies.

Re: Phoenix, AZ protest rally

Quote Originally Posted by arizona85032
    I live in Phoenix, Az and I know Senior Jorge Bush is going to be in El Mirage on Monday.
    I grew up on the west side of Phoenix, and I know that El Mirage is just a mini mexico. I wouldn't be surprised if that entire town is made up of illegals. The percentage of gang affiliation is very high as well for that matter, not a pretty place.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME