Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    I have a hard time getting mad about this. He is a business owner, and if wants to accept buttons for his pizza he is allowed. It is his business, let him do what he wants.
    This is not simply a matter of a business choosing their barter. This is further indication of how far the invasion has encroached on our culture and American way of life. Different language, different currency, different mores, etc. The longer this type of thing goes on the further divided this country will become. This is not a good thing.
    That is my concern too Altura. There is a bigger issue than the store accepting pesos. They are doing exactly what they promised they would do, with very little resistance.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

I have a hard time getting mad about this. He is a business owner, and if wants to accept buttons for his pizza he is allowed. It is his business, let him do what he wants.
    This is not simply a matter of a business choosing their barter. This is further indication of how far the invasion has encroached on our culture and American way of life. Different language, different currency, different mores, etc. The longer this type of thing goes on the further divided this country will become. This is not a good thing.
    I can see the arguement, and it does send the wrong message. However, the dollar as weak as it is, still does not have to worry about the peso taking over. This probally turned out to be the best thing for this business owner because of all the free advertising he is getting.
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

I agree with you AlturaCt! This how it all starts than we just kind of get used to it. We kind of got used to not doing anything about the illegals way back when and look at our problem now. These people provoked this. They know that tensions are high and that not everyone is happy about the illegals. Why would they do this and expect no backlash?
    They were just jumping on the band wagon like everybody else. The illegals are popular right now and many companies are even breaking the law to accomodate them. I would not doubt it if they are hiring illegals.

It would not bother me if the government said "no" to the peso. While I was in Argentina, the dollar and the Argentine peso were equal in exchange value. This is clearly not the case with the Mexican peso. Plus, it was only a few businesses, mainly tourist shops on the Calle Florida, that accepted the dollars. Pizza Patron and Wal-Mart are not tourist stops, unless you are a very boring tourist. The Patron may not have known it, but they could have started another huge argument vs. illegal immigration and the NAU.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    It would not bother me if the government said "no" to the peso. While I was in Argentina, the dollar and the Argentine peso were equal in exchange value. This is clearly not the case with the Mexican peso. Plus, it was only a few businesses, mainly tourist shops on the Calle Florida, that accepted the dollars. Pizza Patron and Wal-Mart are not tourist stops, unless you are a very boring tourist. The Patron may not have known it, but they could have started another huge argument vs. illegal immigration and the NAU.

This is exactly what they have done. My hope is that more Americans wake up and realize how this thing can snowball. My issue with these people is not just about the currency exchange. It goes way beyond that. I can just imagine these guys/gals during the planning stages of the business. I bet they were thinking of all kinds of ways to promote this to the hispanic community and never at all thought what country they were
    in. These people are creating division with the strategy they present. Now I know what the people along the border are having to deal with.

What next? Lowes offering a discount on Fiesta paint colors if you pay with pesos?

Many Pizza Patron customers have pesos "sitting in their sock drawers or in their wallets," Gamm said. "We're talking small amounts, where it would be inconvenient to stop and exchange on the way back — maybe 10 or 20 dollars' worth of pesos."
    So they just come in and out as they please...

I don't see why people are getting angry about this...I mean think about it. Peso is a currency and so is our dollar.

What happens if we did start not accepting foreign currency in the US. How would anyone be able to go traveling to other countries? We can't exchange our dollars to peso, euro, yen, and pounds.
    Let us just say other countries still accepted to exchange US currency for theirs. What will you do with left over money you brought back? Remember some of you don't want to accept foreign money, so there is no way to exchange it back. I don't know about the others, but when I went traveling and I was in a foreign country, it was so convient for me when a business took my US dollars when I ran out of foreign money. I didn't have to run around to banks who would convert foreign currencies.
    Also it boosts our economy when foreigners spend money here, but not the ones that stay and work here illegally. It would be unfair if US was the only country that can ban to accept foreign curreny and force others to accept ours.

Anyhow, if the business owner wants to go through the headache of risking of waiting and holding onto a peso that might depreciate next day or appreciate. Sometimes he can lose money or might gain money, but that is his headache to deal with.

Just my thoughts on this issue.

benutty,

You go to the bank and exchange your foreign currency for Dollars. Spending anything but Dollars in America serves no purpose. Besides, the majority of Americans are not running around with a pocket full Pesos.

Secondly, I don't believe you have ever traveled abroad or you would realize that everyone wants Dollars. Every one but this pizza joint in the middle of America that caters to Hispanics.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by benutty
    I don't see why people are getting angry about this...I mean think about it. Peso is a currency and so is our dollar.

What happens if we did start not accepting foreign currency in the US. How would anyone be able to go traveling to other countries? We can't exchange our dollars to peso, euro, yen, and pounds.
    Let us just say other countries still accepted to exchange US currency for theirs. What will you do with left over money you brought back? Remember some of you don't want to accept foreign money, so there is no way to exchange it back. I don't know about the others, but when I went traveling and I was in a foreign country, it was so convient for me when a business took my US dollars when I ran out of foreign money. I didn't have to run around to banks who would convert foreign currencies.
    Also it boosts our economy when foreigners spend money here, but not the ones that stay and work here illegally. It would be unfair if US was the only country that can ban to accept foreign curreny and force others to accept ours.

Anyhow, if the business owner wants to go through the headache of risking of waiting and holding onto a peso that might depreciate next day or appreciate. Sometimes he can lose money or might gain money, but that is his headache to deal with.

Just my thoughts on this issue.
    Welcome to ALIPAC!
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast