Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Excerpts:

Illegal Immigration
    Amnesty
    Congressman Hunter has a 27 year record of fighting illegal immigration and promoting border security. As a member of Congress with a Southwest border district heavily impacted by the effects of illegal immigration, Rep. Hunter has steadfastly opposed amnesty proposals, including voting against the 1986 amnesty law, while tirelessly working to strengthen border security. Amnesty is not the answer. In fact, it encourages a whole new wave of illegal immigrants who seek to catch the next amnesty.

America has one of the most generous immigration policies in the world. It is unacceptable that we allow millions of people to sneak in the back door of our country when the front door is available. We have tried amnesty and it does not work. We must enforce and, as necessary, tighten our immigration laws and secure our border–it is a matter of national security.
    As a result of the success of the San Diego fence, Rep. Hunter authored the provisions of the Secure Fence Act calling for the construction of 854 miles of border fence along the five most prolific smuggling corridors on the Southwest border. While construction of the Secure Fence project is not moving as rapidly as Rep. Hunter would like, the Administration is moving forward and as of September 30, 2007, 70 miles of new border pedestrian fence has been constructed. Congressman Hunter remains engaged in ensuring that the Administration meets the mandates put in place by the Secure Fence Act and secures our borders as rapidly as possible.
    Hunter has guaranteed the American public he will get the border fence built in 6 months if elected President. Gutting the bill won't do the Democrat controlled Congress any good if Hunter is elected because he'll get that darn fence built, you can bank on that.

Birth Right Citizenship Reform

Congressman Hunter opposes summarily bestowing citizenship on people who have crossed our borders illegally. Therefore, he is a cosponsor of H.R. 1940, the Birthright Citizenship Act, grants automatic citizenship only to those who have at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen. The Constitution has been interpreted to grant U.S. citizenship to any person born on U.S. territory. The unintended consequences of this policy has been thousands of women a year illegally cross our international border, often in dangerous circumstances, to give birth to their child in the U.S. and thereby guaranteeing that child U.S. citizenship.
    Employer Verification

One of the strongest draws to the United States for illegal immigrants is our economy and enticing job market. It is critical that we remove this incentive for illegal migrants. As a result, Rep. Hunter has cosponsored H.R. 19, which would require the Department of Homeland Security to implement a nationwide employment verification system. Employers need to have an easy, reliable and efficient system to verify an employee’s status and there must be real consequences imposed on employers who willfully break the law and employ illegal immigrants.
    http://www.gohunter08.com/inner.asp?z=4

Excerpt:

Rep. Duncan Hunter of California
    Where he stands:

• Favors deporting the millions of illegal aliens. A sponsor of legislation authorizing construction of border fence.

What he's said:

• "When you discover an effective deterrent to crime, you use it. I know fencing helps secure our nation's borders because criminal activity in every statistical category has been eliminated or decreased since we built the border fence in San Diego County." -- Campaign websit
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2 ... cans_N.htm

I'm sure there is more, much more, but I don't want to deprive you of doing some of your own research.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Excerpts:

Illegal Immigration
    Amnesty
    Congressman Hunter has a 27 year record of fighting illegal immigration and promoting border security. As a member of Congress with a Southwest border district heavily impacted by the effects of illegal immigration, Rep. Hunter has steadfastly opposed amnesty proposals, including voting against the 1986 amnesty law, while tirelessly working to strengthen border security. Amnesty is not the answer. In fact, it encourages a whole new wave of illegal immigrants who seek to catch the next amnesty.

America has one of the most generous immigration policies in the world. It is unacceptable that we allow millions of people to sneak in the back door of our country when the front door is available. We have tried amnesty and it does not work. We must enforce and, as necessary, tighten our immigration laws and secure our border–it is a matter of national security.
    [quote:1xdfkcj3]As a result of the success of the San Diego fence, Rep. Hunter authored the provisions of the Secure Fence Act calling for the construction of 854 miles of border fence along the five most prolific smuggling corridors on the Southwest border. While construction of the Secure Fence project is not moving as rapidly as Rep. Hunter would like, the Administration is moving forward and as of September 30, 2007, 70 miles of new border pedestrian fence has been constructed. Congressman Hunter remains engaged in ensuring that the Administration meets the mandates put in place by the Secure Fence Act and secures our borders as rapidly as possible.
    Hunter has guaranteed the American public he will get the border fence built in 6 months if elected President. Gutting the bill won't do the Democrat controlled Congress any good if Hunter is elected because he'll get that darn fence built, you can bank on that.

Birth Right Citizenship Reform

Congressman Hunter opposes summarily bestowing citizenship on people who have crossed our borders illegally. Therefore, he is a cosponsor of H.R. 1940, the Birthright Citizenship Act, grants automatic citizenship only to those who have at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen. The Constitution has been interpreted to grant U.S. citizenship to any person born on U.S. territory. The unintended consequences of this policy has been thousands of women a year illegally cross our international border, often in dangerous circumstances, to give birth to their child in the U.S. and thereby guaranteeing that child U.S. citizenship.
    Employer Verification

One of the strongest draws to the United States for illegal immigrants is our economy and enticing job market. It is critical that we remove this incentive for illegal migrants. As a result, Rep. Hunter has cosponsored H.R. 19, which would require the Department of Homeland Security to implement a nationwide employment verification system. Employers need to have an easy, reliable and efficient system to verify an employee’s status and there must be real consequences imposed on employers who willfully break the law and employ illegal immigrants.
    http://www.gohunter08.com/inner.asp?z=4

Excerpt:

Rep. Duncan Hunter of California
    Where he stands:

• Favors deporting the millions of illegal aliens. A sponsor of legislation authorizing construction of border fence.

What he's said:

• "When you discover an effective deterrent to crime, you use it. I know fencing helps secure our nation's borders because criminal activity in every statistical category has been eliminated or decreased since we built the border fence in San Diego County." -- Campaign websit
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2 ... cans_N.htm

I'm sure there is more, much more, but I don't want to deprive you of doing some of your own research. [/quote:1xdfkcj3]

Great plans!!

Tom had great plans as well----but he was NOT going to get elected!!! And, he had more votes than Hunter!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Hunter is gaining supporters by the minute, don't count him out yet. If he's the best man for the job, then support him in the primary. Then we'll see where we stand.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

MW
    Bren wrote:

Great plans!!

Tom had great plans as well----but he was NOT going to get elected!!! And, he had more votes than Hunter!!
    There is no pleasing you. You wanted his plans, yet when they were given you decided to turn it into a negative. Something tells me that was your plan all along.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I know, but we'll have to forgive her. I've been there and came back full circle. You just can't get away from the fact that he is the best candidate, period!
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

MW
    Martha wrote:

I know, but we'll have to forgive her. I've been there and came back full circle. You just can't get away from the fact that he is the best candidate, period!
    You're right, and I don't mind riding the Dark Horse, because if the horse overcomes the odds - victory can be sweet, real sweet!

Can anyone here tell me why we let two states decide who gets the nomination for the Presidency?

Something needs to be changed, actually a lot has to be changed.

We better get moving fast!

I can't understand Tancredo's endorsement of Romney either.

At minimum, I thought Tancredo should have withheld a while and brokered his support.

If you do an objective evaluation of the candidates on immigration issues

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-95435.html

Tancredo was #1 followed closely by Hunter.

The next horse in the evaluation is Thompson with Romney, Paul, and Huchlebee way back and all about the same. If immigration is your number one issue, don't even think about Guiliani or McCain.

Now that Tancredo is out, while my heart is with Hunter, I have to be more pragmatic and switch to Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by PFWAG
    I can't understand Tancredo's endorsement of Romney either.

At minimum, I thought Tancredo should have withheld a while and brokered his support.

If you do an objective evaluation of the candidates on immigration issues

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-95435.html

Tancredo was #1 followed closely by Hunter.

The next horse in the evaluation is Thompson with Romney, Paul, and Huchlebee way back and all about the same. If immigration is your number one issue, don't even think about Guiliani or McCain.

Now that Tancredo is out, while my heart is with Hunter, I have to be more pragmatic and switch to Thompson.
    Why did you pass over Hunter. If everybody drops Hunter, who is the best, because his numbers are low- his numbers get lower. You could work to educate people and help him get his numbers higher instead.

How can anyone support Thompson? HELLO! He is a CFR member, and the last thing we need is another CFR freak pushing the global agenda of the UN called resolution 21. Look it up and you'll see what I mean.
    It isn't a considence past presidents like boosh, clinton, carter, amongst many others, were all affiliated with the CFR and the Tri-lateral commission.
    Besides, Thompson hasn't shown much effort for his campaign and doesn't seem to be taking it very seriously. That should be a huge red flag to anyone who is serious about wanting to change our country.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314