Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Podesta To Hillary: Woo These ‘Needy Latinos’

Podesta To Hillary: Woo These ‘Needy Latinos’

CHUCK ROSS
    Reporter

2:12 PM 10/12/2016

Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, urged the former secretary of state to contact two “needy Latinos” to convince them to endorse her for president, hacked emails released on Wednesday show.

“Needy Latinos and 1 easy call,” Podesta wrote to Clinton in an Aug. 21, 2015 email released by Wikileaks.

Podesta went on to list Federico Pena, Bill Clinton’s Secretary of Transportation, and former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson as the two Latinos Clinton should woo.

Podesta suggested reaching out to Pena as a favor to Ken Salazar, President Obama’s first secretary of the interior and a former Colorado senator.

Podesta also urged Clinton make “a quick call” to Richardson “to ask him to stay stout and publicly endorse.”

“But if it’s too galling, don’t bother,” he added.

He also said that Richardson “can be a dick,” but that he is politically useful because he “is still on TV a lot, especially on Univision and Telemundo.”

“I have pressed Bill, but I think it will take a call from you to get a formal endorsement,” added Podesta.
    Clinton did not respond on the email chain.

Richardson also served in the Bill Clinton administration, both as secretary of energy and as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

The Clinton campaign has focused heavily on appealing to Latino voters.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/12/po...#ixzz4MwgBZwP2

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/12/po...#ixzz4MwfWkQn1

Needy Latinos and 1 easy call.

From:john.podesta@gmail.com To: hdr29@hrcoffice.com, ha16@hillaryclinton.com

Date: 2015-08-21 14:01

Subject: Needy Latinos and 1 easy call.

A few calls you might consider making:

1) Fedrico Pena. Ken Salazar who has been an absolute trooper really wants to get Fedrico Pena on board. I talked to Pena early, before March and he hemmed and hawed. Ken had lunch with him early this week and reports the following, he's close to committing but carrying some baggage. Fed never said this to me but he confided to Ken that his Cabinet stints ripped up his family, he gave everything to the cause and no time to his family, he went through a messy divorce in the late 90's and was left really down and felt like no one reached out to him then so he felt pretty cut off from Clinton World. In 07, the only candidate that asked for his support was Obama, so he endorsed. (by the way, not sure any of this is factually accurate, but this is how he is feeling). His life now revolves around his new wife, Cindy, who is a supporter of yours and came to the fundraiser at the Chambers house. He kind of wants to be with you, but this stuff is still grinding on him. Ken suggests a call to him and was very explicit about making the following four points:
    1) you really enjoyed seeing Cindy at the Chambers event and appreciate her support.
    2) ask him how he's been doing
    3) ask about his views on the race and what she should be doing in Colorado
    4) ask that he consider publicly supporting you.

On balance, I recommend making this call as much because it's important to Ken who has been great.

Pena's cell: 303-294-1824

2) Bill Richardson. I had heard that you were upset that I encouraged a call between WJC and Richardson to bury the hatchet. I did that at the request of Jose Villarreal who pushed me and made the point that Richardson is still on TV a lot, especially on Univision and Telemundo and not withstanding the fact that he can be a dick, it was worth getting him in a good place. He had a good conversation with the President and has been good in his interviews since. I have pressed Bill, but I think it will take a call from you to get a formal endorsement. He's on Meet the Press on Sunday. Probably worth a quick call to ask him to stay stout and publicly endorse, but if it's too galling, don't bother. Richardson's cell: 505-699-4862 3)

Governor Jim Hodges. I just spent a couple days in South Carolina and did an event with him and Steve Benjamin where he endorsed. He was really good and I think it sent a strong signal in South Carolina, following Dick Reilly's endorsement, that the support there is strong broad and determined. He and his wife Rachel also co hosted a successful fundraiser with Don and Carol Fowler and Ben and Sydney Rex that I attended. Worth a quick call to Jim to thank him and Rachel for their support. Hodges cell: 803-315-0955

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/6777

Oh my God, this is so disgusting. THESE PEOPLE ARE REPTILES!! That's why flies come out of nowhere and land on them.

Hispanic Americans, do not stand for this, please! UNITE and VOTE TRUMP! SHUT THIS POND-SCUM DOWN!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn