View Poll Results: How do you feel about this MMP Fund Raising Email?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Highly Dishonest

36 81.82%
  • Slightly Dishonest

2 4.55%
  • No Big Deal to Me

4 9.09%
  • It's fine to do this.

1 2.27%
  • Undecided

1 2.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

POLL: Do you consider this Gilchrist MMP Move a Scam?

Friends of ALIPAC,

Tomorrow, I am doing a show about the many things I consider to be problematic or destructive actions by Jim Gilchrist and what little remains of his MMP or Minuteman Project (Not to be confused with Minuteman PAC, MCDC, or the many other Minutemen groups).

Here is one of the many things we will be discussing on the show.

Please review 1. This original article from the New York Times. 2. This e-mail blast that Jim Gilchrist sent out to thousands of people attempting to raise funds.

Please compare the two items carefully and then vote in the poll above this thread.

Please note that Jeff Schwilk and his lawyer Howard Kaloogian were working for San Diego Minutemen (SDMM) which is completely separate from Minuteman Project (MMP). In fact, Jeff Schwilk already would not work with MMP in any way at the time of this article and fund raising email.

----

Item 1: Original Article from New York Times

TEXT ALTERED OR REMOVED BY GILCHRIST AND MMP IN BOLD

[quote]Minutemen Fight Change in Highway Cleanup Site

Published: February 20, 2008

SAN DIEGO — When California awarded the San Diego Minutemen, a group well known for its border monitoring in search of illegal immigrants, a permit last Nov. 21 to clean a stretch of highway including the Border Patrol checkpoint at San Onofre, complaints from immigrant advocacy groups and Hispanic lawmakers were swift and strong.

Opponents said they feared violent confrontations between the Minutemen and immigrants, and in January, the state agreed. It rescinded the group’s Adopt-a-Highway assignment along two miles of Interstate 5 and offered an alternative in eastern San Diego County.

But the founder of the San Diego Minutemen, Jeff Schwilk, was not to be moved. The group filed a federal lawsuit earlier this month arguing that the decision violated its constitutional rights to free speech, due process and equal protection under the law. The Minutemen are asking for permission to work at the original site, as well as for the payment of legal fees and $50,000. A hearing is scheduled for March 14 in the United States District Court in San Diego.

A lawyer for the Minutemen, Howard Kaloogian, a former Republican state assemblyman who represented north San Diego County, said that in removing the group and its sign from I-5, the State Department of Transportation gave in to the opposition and granted a “heckler’s veto,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

More votes needed folks!

Feel free to comment here if you like.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Done!

Done

April
    How do you feel about this MMP Fund Raising Email?
    Highly Dishonest
    83% [ 10 ]
    Slightly Dishonest
    0% [ 0 ]
    No Big Deal to Me
    8% [ 1 ]
    It's fine to do this.
    8% [ 1 ]
    Undecided
    0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

I have too many things I monitor, they are not one.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Done.

This altered text is a good example of why we check and re-check the written word. Too easy to change.

Also beware that video is coming right along and is next on the distrust scale. It's getting increasingly easier to alter video.
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

Highly Dishonest
    81%
    81% [ 13 ]
    Slightly Dishonest
    0%
    0% [ 0 ]
    No Big Deal to Me
    12%
    12% [ 2 ]
    It's fine to do this.
    6%
    6% [ 1 ]
    Undecided
    0%
    0% [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 16

Done!

Highly Dishonest
    77% [ 14 ]
    Slightly Dishonest
    0% [ 0 ]
    No Big Deal to Me
    16% [ 3 ]
    It's fine to do this.
    5% [ 1 ]
    Undecided
    0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

I have been reading the ALIPAC boards for many years. I wanted to weigh in on this and vote. This stuff Jim Gilchrist and MMP are doing is outlandish and needs to be stopped.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast