Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I emailed the editor and asked him why they changed the poll results. This was his reply on 8/22.

I will find out if we did and why. It seems unlikely to me. I'll get
    back to you when I find out.

Thanks,
    Dick

Mamie I didn't mean you were attacking me--I was referring to someone elses' post which warned posters to ignore the liars. I actually called a talk show with Asa Hutchinson and asked him if people here illegally were felons and he said no because it wasn't a felony

So it isn't against a federal law to enter America which is a Sovereign Nation? You would think that it would be a federal law dictating what is allowed when entering our country.

After all, isn't that what makes a felony, to break a federal law? And misdemeanors and civil/criminal convictions are state laws?
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Mamie I didn't mean you were attacking me--I was referring to someone elses' post which warned posters to ignore the liars. I actually called a talk show with Asa Hutchinson and asked him if people here illegally were felons and he said no because it wasn't a felony
    I'm glad to know I wasn't attacking anybody!!

Federal Immigration and Nationality Act
    Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)

"Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

"any person" includes the President, Congressmen, Governors, Judges, or other federal, state or local officials
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

It is against federal law but it isn't a felony. They aren't necessarily the same thang.

And Mamie--you're right. Chris Cannon IMO should be behind bars right now IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    It is against federal law but it isn't a felony. They aren't necessarily the same thang.
    but isn't it a felony against the "law of nations"??
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I'm not a lawyer! I'm just the messenger! Yikes!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123