Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Obama Urges Congress to Vote Conscience on Syria, Even if Public Opposed

Obama recognizes that a war with Syria will be unpopular with the American people, but says that it is not their decision to make

WASHINGTON, DC – U.S. President Barack Obama answers questions during a press conference in the East Room of the White House August 9, 2013 in Washington, DC. Obama answered questions on national security issues and related matters during the press conferece. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)

By JG Vibes
    Intellihub.com
    September 7, 2013

The popular myth in America and most modern democracies is that the general population decides on important issues that effect their lives. However the reality is very different from this myth. In reality the general population has no say at all, their only options are to be persuaded by the politicians and get in line, or shut up and deal with it.

During a press conference at the G20 summit in St. Petersburg, Russia,Obama admitted that a war in Syriawould be unpopular with the public, saying that “It’s conceivable that, at the end of the day, I don’t persuade a majority of the American people that it’s the right thing to do.”

The fierce oposition to the war among the general population will be ignored as it always is, because the politicians believe that they know what is best for everyone.

“Each member of Congress is going to have to decide if [they] think it’s the right thing to do for America’s national security and the world’s national security,”Obama said. “Ultimately, you listen to your constituents, but you’ve got to make some decisions about what you believe is right for America.”

“I was elected to end wars and not start them,” Obama said. “But what I also know is that there are times where we have to make hard choices if we’re going to stand up for the things that we care about. And I believe that this is one of those times.”

Obama also told various blatant lies during the press conference, saying that there was a global consensus that the Assad regime used chemical weapons, when sources in many countries including Russia and China have produced evidence proving that it was the rebels who carried out these attacks.

Sources:
    [1] President Obama Urges Congress to Vote Conscience on Syria, Even if Public Opposed – ABC
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presi...ry?id=20178022
    http://intellihub.com/2013/09/07/oba...ws-whats-best/

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    “Each member of Congress is going to have to decide if [they] think it’s the right thing to do for America’s national security and the world’s national security,”Obama said. “Ultimately, you listen to your constituents, but you’ve got to make some decisions about what you believe is right for America.”

“I was elected to end wars and not start them,” Obama said. “But what I also know is that there are times where we have to make hard choices if we’re going to stand up for the things that we care about. And I believe that this is one of those times.”
    Would someone please tell me why not attacking Syria would be harmful to American security interests. I mean, are we attacking Syria because that country is poised to attack the United States or are we attacking Syria because Assad appears to be winning and we want to install an al Qaeda-linked rebel faction?
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade