Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Trump Signs Resolution Eliminating SEC Disclosure Rule For U.S. Energy Deve

President Trump Signs Resolution Eliminating SEC Disclosure Rule For U.S. Energy Development…

Posted on February 14, 2017 by sundance

H.J. Resolution 41
    , “disapproving the Securities and Exchange Commission’s rule on disclosure of payments by “resource extraction issuers”, ie. energy companies.

Foreign energy companies, developers and extractors do not have to publicly show their financial transactions with foreign governments. An existing U.S. SEC rule designed to provide disclosure on corporate ‘donations’ to foreign governments put our energy corporations at a disadvantage.

The existing rule meant that U.S. corporations were revealing where and when they were planning to invest in energy development. Competing nations energy companies were using that public disclosure information to out maneuver the U.S. on contracts.

Prior administrations and prior congressional leadership didn’t see a problem with the disadvantage due to the inherent political ideology. Prior U.S. political leadership maintained a globalist perspective, they advocate for globalization, which inherently means they were comfortable with the U.S. disadvantage because it spread the energy development wealth to lesser nations.

Congress voted earlier this month to kill the existing SEC rule and sent it on to Trump, highlighting the rules impact in putting American energy companies at a disadvantage. [Insert probable Trump conversation with T-Rex here].

Today with HJ Resolution 41 President Trump removed the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) advanced notification rule, and leveled the playing field for the U.S. energy companies.

White House Press Release

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/02/14/president-trump-signs-resolution-eliminating-sec-disclosure-rule-for-u-s-energy-development/
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release
    February 14, 2017

Remarks by President Trump at Signing of H.J. Resolution 41

Oval Office
    2:18 P.M. EST

THE PRESIDENT: Well, thank you very much. This is a big signing, a very important signing. And this is H.J. Resolution 41, disapproving the Securities and Exchange Commission's rule on disclosure of payments by resource extraction issuers. It's a big deal. And I want to thank Speaker Paul Ryan for being here. He's been tremendous. Jeb Hensarling very, very important and really worked hard. Representative Bill Huizenga and all of the friends -- Peter -- all of my friends are up here. And we really appreciate it.

This is one of many that we've signed, and we have many more left. And we're bringing back jobs big league, we're bringing them back at the plant level; we've bringing them back at the mine level. The energy jobs are coming back. And it's -- you see what's going on with the stock market. They know that we know what we're doing, so it's going up.
    So I think what I'm going to do, if I might, can I ask you to say a few words?

REPRESENTATIVE HUIZENGA: My pleasure, Mr. President.

THE PRESIDENT: Bill Huizenga.

**: So this is the first CRA that has been signed by the President. I'm very pleased to be the author of House Joint Resolution 41. Over 20 years, there's been 56,000 rules that have been put in place with very little legislative input or oversight, and it's time that changed. And I'm very thankful to the President, the Speaker, our Chairman Hensarling for being able to make this happen. And we think this is a good first step. So I'm very pleased. Thank you.

THE PRESIDENT: I'll sign it -- we may have to give him the pen.

Congratulations. Great job. You've done a fantastic job.

(The President signs H.J. Resolution 41.)

THE PRESIDENT: A lot of people going back to work now. (Applause.) He's working on Obamacare -- it's going to be very soon. Right?

SPEAKER RYAN: Yes.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all very much.

END

2:20 P.M. EST

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/02/14/remarks-president-trump-signing-hj-resolution-41
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-14-2017 at 10:52 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)