Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Presidential Polls take a sharp curb after SOTU, bad turn?

Since the SOTU address the Presidential polls dropped sharply. Yesterdays poll had a -6 rating for Obama and today its at -11 rating according to Rasmussen. Of course it could just be normal large bounce but usually Rasmussen doesn't have a daily change of more then 2 points or so. I'm waiting to see what its at tomarrow however to see if it continues down.

I'm wondering how much of this is about the small bit in his SOTU about wanting a legal path for illegals when he's also speaking of defecit and especially jobs for Americans. I'm betting it has a fair bit to do with it with less then a warm welcome to the idea.

Statistically speaking after a SOTU most presidential polls usually even out and start to get better right after. More can be found below.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... cking_poll

Banned
    I think people have finally seen through his BS

"investment" really means more govt spending

His Amnesty BS didn't play well either ,

What he should have said was "we are starting mass roundups and raids to
    to take illegals from jobs that can be given to Americans"

I think that line would have moved the polls the other way

Why on earth would this idiot use the SOTU to tout his love of illegal foreign nationals? Especially when this country is hurting so bad.

He doesn't want to lose his illegal voting bloc before he grants amnesty via executive order! I don't understand his mindset all this is wrong!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Steve , If he though he could issue an EO and get away with it , he would have done it already

He can't and he knows it , He would be dragged out of office the same day
    by Federal Marshals

Let him rave , it just makes it that much easier and gives our side that much more to use against him in 2012.

Far as I understand he can't really grant Amnesty per say, just a reprieve from being deported but citizenship would not be confered. Without being able to confer citizenship he'd be in major trouble and he also knows if he did he would be impeached immediately and the moderates in the senate would turn on him instantly like rabid dogs. He'd be shreded and his admin would be in the toilet with likely removal procedings in the senate for multiple key democrats on his side.

With that and an impeachment he knows the only thing Reps who'd then have control through SoH would be very strong anti illegal alien controls to regain public trust and create a vast shift from independants. Basiclaly he'd destroy his own agenda.

Personally I'd like to see him try, would I'm sure be a sweet and fast victory for us.

He

He has not and will not change his views and agenda. Investment just means more spending and redistribution...

I didn't know his polls were down that low. Thanks for posting this.

I figured they'd be up if anything since they were so low to begin with. People are obviously awake now and were likely screaming at their tv's like I was. I have never seen such a travesty of LIES spewing out of one politicians mouth like I did the other night. I wanted to hear PLANS - not just "this is what we are going to accomplish" without hearing how he plans to implement them. All we heard was bunch of flowery speech.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Steve , If he though he could issue an EO and get away with it , he would have done it already

He can't and he knows it , He would be dragged out of office the same day
    by Federal Marshals

Let him rave , it just makes it that much easier and gives our side that much more to use against him in 2012.
    "Damn! Superman this gangsta wanna be, doesn't care about the law!"
    He's up to something, and he's just buying time before he drops the hammer!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: He

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRevere9
    He has not and will not change his views and agenda. Investment just means more spending and redistribution...
    Would be a miracle for this man to change considering his background, upbringing and friends, I would believe Elton John would become straight before Obama could change.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Re: He

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulRevere9
    Would be a miracle for this man to change considering his background, upbringing and friends, I would believe Elton John would become straight before Obama could change.

I agree!!!

Kathyet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast