Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Pro-illegal agenda targeting Christian youth revivals?

Quote Originally Posted by iamblueman4
    Hey everyone, I thought you might find this interesting.

My stepbrother left last week for a Christian youth revival down in San Antonio, Texas. Supposedly, there were 20,000 some people in attendance. When they got their programs, he noticed that some lady with the last name Hernandez was speaking and that she was from a Central American country. It turned out that she was an illegal immigrant who crossed in 2000. She was there to tell a big sob story and envoke compassion from everyone.

Thanks to being around me a lot , he was able to communicate to his group how ridiculous this was. However, it is still disturbing to see a large national youth revival try politicizing this issue towards the pro-illegal side.

From what he said, supposedly she didn't speak very good english. Another speaker there was a U.S. citizen who immigrated from Sudan. He was a victim of human trafficking and slavery for over 10 years. The moment he got to the U.S., he locked himself in his apartment for three weeks and learned English. This woman had been here for six years and still couldn't speak as well as that man could.

Has anyone else had similar experiences at large church events? I hope this type of thing hasn't been taking place that often.
    Hello,

This is Pamela Genghini Hernandez. I stumbled upon this message while surfing the internet, and I had to clarify some of your statements. First off, I am a native born United States Citizen, not a Central American. That young lady you're referring to is Yesenia Vasquez, who is a Lawful Permanent Resident, a right she acquired LEGALLY through the courts. And I'd also like to say that I do not advocate the crossing of the U.S. border illegally, I just help people within the parameters of the law once they're in the country. I encourage the continuation of discussion and questions on this very important issue.

"Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists!" ~ Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Hello,

This is Pamela Genghini Hernandez. I stumbled upon this message while surfing the internet, and I had to clarify some of your statements. First off, I am a native born United States Citizen, not a Central American. That young lady you're referring to is Yesenia Vasquez, who is a Lawful Permanent Resident, a right she acquired LEGALLY through the courts. And I'd also like to say that I do not advocate the crossing of the U.S. border illegally, I just help people within the parameters of the law once they're in the country. I encourage the continuation of discussion and questions on this very important issue.
    PAMELA
    Welcome. Please help me by clarifying this part of your post above in red highlight.

Are you saying that you help those who are "in the USA whether or not they are Legally in the country? Have gotten into our country by any means, whether it be legal or illegal?"

I appreciate your clarification.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

Re: Pro-illegal agenda targeting Christian youth revivals?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela
    Hello,

Hello Pamela, and welcome to ALIPAC! I personally appreciate you coming here to clarify the situation. I understand your desire to help those that need it, regardless of their status, but don't you think that help is actually ENABLING the breaking of our immigration laws?

Do you think it's right to present only one side of the discussion to this youth group?

Would you consider inviting a fellow Christian to speak to the other side of the issue the next time it comes up?

Pamela aiding and abetting criminals is against the law and encourages the illegal border crossings to continue.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I feel that perhaps there has been a misunderstanding of the purpose of my talk. The link is included in a previous post on this thread, I encourage you all to see it. The theme for the night I spoke was "Look Around" and I was asked to talk about my experience in helping others less fortunate than me. Neither the gathering nor this night were focused on immigration.

As for the other question, I did help people regardless of how they entered the country, however 99% had been already been arrested by the Border Patrol, and as people facing a court hearing in the U.S., were entitled to legal representation under Constitution.

Pamela,

It appears that you are conflicted but we are not.

You have been assisting law breakers and the result of that assistance has lead to more crime.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela
    I feel that perhaps there has been a misunderstanding of the purpose of my talk. The link is included in a previous post on this thread, I encourage you all to see it. The theme for the night I spoke was "Look Around" and I was asked to talk about my experience in helping others less fortunate than me. Neither the gathering nor this night were focused on immigration.

As for the other question, I did help people regardless of how they entered the country, however 99% had been already been arrested by the Border Patrol, and as people facing a court hearing in the U.S., were entitled to legal representation under Constitution.
    Pamela, to clarify:
    You're against unlawful entry into the USA, however, you will work to help them stay within our borders, through legal representation under our Constitution, of course.

You seem conflicted, Pamela. Are you an attorney, by some chance?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12