Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Proposal for our side at the Democratic Convention in Denver

A group of amnesty activists from the Latino commnity have proposed holding a march that would draw attention to their desire for a general amnesty. They expect the event to draw press coverage. Such events have tended to lead to higher numbers of people siding with our side but not knowing what to do in terms of practical action.

I would like to propose that our side amnesty opponents hold a counter event with a smaller group but whch would draw almost as much coverage. A memorial service for the murdered Denver Police Officer Donald Young complete with a hearse and with banners from NumbersUSA, ALIPAC and CAIRCO Colorado Citizens for American Immigration Reform.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think that this event needs our attention big time! I wish I could go but work is killer! But This event will be widely covered and we need to use these events to the best of our abilitys.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

" I am at something of a loss in knowing how we are going to make it through this election season--with both major presidential candidates standing for amnesty and tough battles ahead in Congress.

Clearly the main driving force behind any national amnesty is the Democratic Party---and they have their convention Aug 25-28 in Denver, CO. How they can ever turn their back on the American worker---for decades the mainstay of the Democratic Party--is way beyond me. I know, that self-centered people out to make a name for themselves are pushing the party towards that goals. There are new labor leaders ready to sign in whomever--and they expect their members to cough up money to sign their own death warrant. There are trial lawyers, eager to make a killing off of illegal, and legal, immigrants. There are liberal CEO's eager to atone for some past guilt. There are academics and intellectuals with no real clue as to what has made America great.

But at the Democratic Convention, Aug 25-28 in Denver, CO there will be other groups making their voice heard. Shouldn't we also stand up for the American worker, the mother who wants a safe neighborhood for her children, the disadvantaged minorities who are already here, the struggling small entrepreneur displaced by illegal immigrants? No matter what the fat cat "leaders' say it will be the average Joe American who bears the brunt of whatever policy our leaders create.. Where else would you have the opportunity to talk directly to a Congressmen and give him or her the real facts? If in your previous demonstrating you have encountered rude, violent or insulting people, there might be an opportunity to connect with folks on a little higher level. They still might be rude and insulting but at least would have more clout.

We also need to get after Democrat Congressmen to sign the SAVE Act petition.

So can you make it to Denver?"
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)