Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Putting 'Bama & the 'Crats on the Defensive - Calif.

Most of the time, those of us who think that it should be Americans first in this magnificent country are forced to react to the quislings' actions. Here's an example of going on the offensive, which could be duplicated nationwide.

State Senator John Benoit (R-Bermuda Dunes) has introduced SB 125, a measure aimed at pressuring the federal government to reimburse California for the full cost of incarcerating illegal aliens.

The legislation would require the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to bill the federal government annually for the full cost of imprisoning illegal aliens. If the federal government fails to compensate the state, SB 125 would require the California Attorney General to use all available legal resources to compel the federal government to do so.

According to statistics from the United States Department of Justice, there are 25,728 illegal aliens incarcerated in California prisons, comprising an estimated 15 percent of the state's prison population. The Department of Corrections spent $662.4 million housing illegal aliens in the 2005-06 fiscal year, a cost that has risen to over $900 million during this current fiscal year due to an 11 percent increase in the population of illegal alien prisoners.

This measure seeks to alleviate the financial burden imposed on California by criminal aliens, and it reminds the federal government that we are tired of its failure to stop illegal immigration.

Fellow Californians, we need to contact our reps re this one. I already did that via CAPS. If you don't know the contact info for your rep, you can get it by entering your zip code on this site: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html

SMARTED MOVE THEY'LL EVER MAKE!!

WITH ANY LUCK, THE REST OF THE STATES WILL FOLLOW.

MW
    Paidmytaxes wrote:

SMARTED MOVE THEY'LL EVER MAKE!!

WITH ANY LUCK, THE REST OF THE STATES WILL FOLLOW.
    I hope California doesn't get one red cent of our money! California politicians and those folks who voted them into office created the problem, now they need to be prepared to suffer the consequences.

NO BAILOUT FOR CALIFORNIA!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, California may be the most notorious, but as the introduction of in-state tuition for illegals legislation in several states shows, the problem is becoming nationwide.

Any victory which can be duplicated is a W for the home team.

MW
    vistalad wrote:

Any victory which can be duplicated is a W for the home team.
    How is a bailout of California a victory?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's a victory because it puts the onus for a pro-illegals policy squarely on this administration, which is so obviously trying to lay the groundwork for amnesty.

It's a victory because it's another example of what happens when a national government is so cowardly and so callous toward its own people that it won't even enforce illegal entry at our border.

It's a victory because the publicity surrounding the debate will cause people to become aware of something that this administration doesn't want them to even think about.

We've got to take what we can get, encourage everyone who's trying to protect the quality of American life.

MW
    vistalad wrote:

It's a victory because it puts the onus for a pro-illegals policy squarely on this administration, which is so obviously trying to lay the groundwork for amnesty.

It's a victory because it's another example of what happens when a national government is so cowardly and so callous toward its own people that it won't even enforce illegal entry at our border.

It's a victory because the publicity surrounding the debate will cause people to become aware of something that this administration doesn't want them to even think about.

We've got to take what we can get, encourage everyone who's trying to protect the quality of American life.
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree because I don't see a taxpayer funded bailout for California as a good thing. California made its own bed, now it's time to lie in it.

I think it's understood that California, for the most part, is a sanctuary state. How dare they ask the federal government (U.S. taxpayers) to pay for the incarceration of illegals that they have rolled out the red carpet for! If I thought for one minute that California was actually attempting to do something about their illegal alien problem, I would consider supporting SB 125.

Don't light a match to your house and then expect me to risk my life extinguishing the fire.

Kind of off topic, but I listened to The Terminator tonite on NBC and he said if we didn't pass his budget, we would be $14 billion in the red. he would have to cut educaction, health care etc. If he would cut off all of the illegals in this state and decrease state government jobs, we would be $14 billion in the black. We use to have the best schools and the best roads in this nation, now they both are crap along with most everything else. I get my new paper adds in Spanish. Half the time you go to a drive thru, except for in-N-out, I's sure if I can't understand them, they can't understand me, which is proven by my WRONG order.

California cannot attract millions of illegals into this state via sanctuary polices and then expect the Federal governmnet to cover the costs of incarcerating illegals , which is no doubt a byproduct of those same sanctuary polices.

Providing federal tax dollars to subsidize these polices will only encourage more of the same irresponsible and reckless policies to come down the pipe line. By denying such funds, there may be an ouside chance that the so called leadership in California may come to their senses and finally realize you cannot leave the vacancy light on and then complain when customers come in asking for a room.

And i'm a life long resident of California!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    NoBueno wrote:

Providing federal tax dollars to subsidize these polices will only encourage more of the same irresponsible and reckless policies to come down the pipe line. By denying such funds, there may be an ouside chance that the so called leadership in California may come to their senses and finally realize you cannot leave the vacancy light on and then complain when customers come in asking for a room.
    Well said.