Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

seen cartoons lately? nothing would surprise me nowadays...

I have two teenage sons and as much as they bring home from school, I never heard them mention something like this or have I seen them with cuts that were self-inflicted. Hearing about this for the first time (other than piercing) really disturbs me. I will be on the lookout.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tms

I thought kids/teens that cut usually hide the fact they cut. Well that's a surprise to me. A little off though. Sounds like a cry for help to me.

At least your daughter will talk to you and came to you I would start by doing more research. At least you’re aware of it so try to talk to your daughter more. Spend some time, quality time with your daughter; talk with her about things in her life, her friends, things in school. Do some research on the subject by getting books from the library, research on the internet and maybe seeking out parent support groups in your area? Maybe get some help for yourself.

Professional help probably is what is needed in this case I think. Cutting is similar to eating disorders. She could seriously injure herself. She may need some professional help because if the cutting gets too serious and one day she goes too far while cutting she will have to go to the hospital or even worse because they will not know she was only cutting or trying to cut herself. Then they will possibly lock her in the psych hospital under a suicide watch. Colorado is 3 days. Who wants to be in a place like this? She could be depressed, crying out for help, or possibly sexually abused or something like that. Get her help, for you and your daughter and have a serious talk with a professional.

People/Teens that cut themselves are just not all "Manson type or gothic type people". You can try to get kids away from "bad influences" but if they really want they want they will find a way, any way. Believe me, weren't we all teens once? Maybe it was different because I went to a Catholic school and I rebelled. That may just make things worse i.e. if she has a serious psych problem. If it's that bad then the kid may just runway.

My child isn't even a pre-teen or teen so who am I to say. My heart goes out to you I have a daughter that will turn 3 soon. I will say a prayer!

I have heard that cutting is one the rise among pre-teens and teens. Did this happen 10, 20, 30 years ago? Maybe it is because of our govn't, maybe the hormones etc. they are putting in the milk and meat. Maybe it's all the junk foods we are giving are teens. After all aren't girls going into puberty at earlier age than years ago?
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

tms

"The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12