Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Racism Poses Challenge for Villaraigosa

Racism Poses Challenge for Villaraigosa By MICHAEL R. BLOOD, Associated Press Writer
    2 hours, 41 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - As a candidate for mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa packaged his ethnicity as carefully as he knotted one of his designer ties. Looking to appeal across the racial rainbow, he became the candidate who happened to be Hispanic, not the Hispanic candidate.

ADVERTISEMENT

But only days after his watershed election as the first Hispanic mayor of modern Los Angeles, fighting between black and Latino high school students forced him to speak to the racial lines that crisscross â€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What does anyone expect? The black community is losing ground, getting squeezed, resources are limited if not available, opportunity non-existent, hope extinquished, fairness out the window, law ignored....they lose their POlice Chief and a young teen-ager is shot by cops cause he stole a car.

What happy ending does anyone expect in Los Angeles?

What possible solution could a pro-immigration Mayor have to solve this problem?

The Jug is Over-flowing.

People fight to survive.

The City of Los Angeles has reduced itself to gang fights, street brawls, and chaos catering to foreign nationals instead of the American Citizens who needed and deserved, as a matter of law, its full attention.

Shame on You!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The working poor are being hurt the worst by the illegal immigrants depressing wage scales. This means blacks are taking a big hit, if not the worst, overall.

I think were going to see some major Black vs Hispanic violence

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I don't see the situation getting any better since Villaraigosa openly mentioned how he was going to improve ties with Mexico during his term as mayor of Los Angeles. On one hand he talks about being mayor to all the people while gushing about basically turning the city into a foreign country. I don't think the black community wants to become part of a different country, and I say that I don't blame them for resisting.

However to be fair the racial problems are not confined to Los Angeles but have spread throughout the state. In fact a few weeks ago we had a black man brutally attacked and stabbed in front of a 24 hour convenience store in our town by a large group of young Mexican men. The attack appeared to be unprovoked, and the only motive was racial. We have a situation that is liable to get very ugly in California in the near future.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I believe there is significant white flight and black flight from Los Angeles that is beginning now. I am sure there was movement away from Los Angeles in the near past, but I believe, from what is happening to my area, (fifty miles south and east of Los Angeles) it is accelerating now. Businesses and people, are getting out and heading for the Inland Empire and the Antelope Valley areas.

A couple of things that do not easily come to mind to people who have not dealt with illegal immigration up close and personal.

1. Some of those people just don't care because they can kill you, walk away, get another I.D. and start all over again. They can run for Mexico and be there, and in safety, in one hour.

2. Mexico will abuse them when they go home. They don't have a lot to lose so they will abuse us before they are taken back to their country.

3. We all saw the billboards of Los Angeles, Mexico. Those commerical radio stations are suggesting the illegal aliens own that town. It was never really American and because those illegal aliens in Los Angeles do not read and write, that radio station is their string to news and information.

4. I want to point out that the Mexican American Community in Los Angeles has done absolutly nothing to stop the message: this city belongs to the illegal aliens.

5. I want to point out that something like what is happening in Los Angeles has already happened in places like El Paso. El Paso, by the way, is one very pathetic towns now and in that vein, Los Angeles is making television appeals to the Mexican Nationals to pay their taxes. Ain't a gonna happen though. Listen and I think you will hear that giant sucking sound soon.

On the other hand, before Bush leaves office, we may well see him offering money and hope to Los Angeles. I will be very glad when I hear HIS giant sucking sound indeed.

Oh I'm sure, but the problem the City of Los Angeles has not can not be solved with Money. Nobody has any money anyway. State of California, broke. USA, broke. I'm not sending any.

There is only one way to solve the problem of Los Angeles and that is to close the border, seal it up, regulate it, and take this assignment seriously.

Illegals need to be shuttled back to Mexico, those not from Mexico taken home and will the borders sealed, they won't be able to get back in and the revolving door is ended.

Very simple.

Then, Los Angeles can begin to improve its condition.

Until then, anyone with any sense at all will leave the City....as I'm sure they are in droves.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

SHAW: Excellent five (5) points in your post.

As a Chicano who regularly visits the Brown Pride web site, I can report the gloating of posters with strong possesive views of the American Southwest (AZTLAN). These posters are thrilled that Villiargosa is the Mayor elect of Los Angeles. The literally believe that this is a major step in "La Reconquista" (The Take Over"). This is dangerous ideological talk that must be stopped (if it is not alread too late) because the ideas once it spreads widely increases the probability of violent confrontations that will make the Iraq was seem child's play.

BTW: many other Mexican / Chicano web sites feature racist "Reconquista" themes and it is hard any that are patriotically Pro USA. INO: The Democratic party is selling out America with its way too liberal "Balkanization" bleeding heart perspectives.

Just my "dos centavos"

PatriotChicano!! Thanks for your post! I have a question. How do we reach Chicanos who are loyal to the United States? I feel that most are, but how do they get involved if we can not reach them? Any ideas for us? I give this alot of thought. My attorney is Mexican American and my next door neighbor is Mexican American. They consider themselves Americans only. So, I believe that the La Reconquista is part of a minority group rather than a majority group. When you have time, please let me know your thoughts!!

Chicanos loyal to the U.S. had better be careful.
    In our country of freedoms, they had better watch what they say because they will be threatened and targeted.

They should probably wear masks to conceal their identities. Because Chicano's who sell out their race aren't really La Raza, they are like Uncle Tom's.

Sad isn't it? That the "death to America" crowd can brazenly scream in the streets, while the patriots have to hide....

I'd write more but I'm in a hurry.

-n
    "It is difficult to overcome the reflexes of national identity. But you will get there."

Bill Clinton, Paris, 8/9/2005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast