Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Racist Burger King Sign: “Now Hiring, Must Be Mexican” - Billboard prompts fury

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Racist Burger King Sign: “Now Hiring, Must Be Mexican” - Billboard prompts fury

Racist Burger King Sign: “Now Hiring, Must Be Mexican”

Billboard prompts fury on fast food giant’s Facebook page

Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    November 12, 2013

A huge sign outside a Burger King fast food restaurant in Ephrata, Washington is causing outrage because of its racist tone. The billboard reads, “Now Hiring Must Be Mexican.”

The image was posted on KFFM 1073′s website, a radio station based in Yakima, Washington, alongside a poll which asked,”I’m not exactly sure of the reasoning. Maybe none of the current staff can speak español or perhaps they need to fulfill their EEO report, I’m not exactly sure. What do you think? Do you find this sign offensive or are you okay with their honesty.”
    82 per cent of the respondents to the poll say that they find the sign offensive.
    It’s possible that the managers of the restaurant meant to advertise for a bilingual or Spanish-speaking employee, but their choice of words is clearly discriminatory.
    The sign has also prompted outrage on the fast food giant’s official Facebook page, with some people calling for a lawsuit and others demanding that the chain be boycotted.
    “Tell all of Burger King to take their company to Mexico and abide by legal hiring practices here in the good ole USA – This is NOT MEXICO,” writes Mark Berreth.
    Imagine the backlash if Burger King posted a sign outside one of its restaurants which said “Now Hiring Whites Only.” That’s almost as racist as the sign in Ephrata, and yet over 24 hours since the image caused outrage, Burger King has failed to address the issue.
    Others have suggested that the sign is racist towards Mexicans, suggesting that the managers are trying to exploit cheap labor.
    Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.
    This article was posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 2:29 pm
    Tags: domestic news

http://www.infowars.com/racist-burge...st-be-mexican/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh this is rich... I bet the truth is that Burger King is run mostly by Mexicans that see no problem whatsoever demanding new employees be Mexican. How else do you figure it happens when you drive around and see all Mexicans working on construction sites and in certain industries and restaurants?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americans need not apply!

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Americans need not apply!

W
    If People think this is bad... watch thousands upon thousands of these signs go up when they pass Amnesty and throw Millions of American citizens under the Invasion Bus

Is The Sign Offensive?

Yes
    No

http://kffm.com/ephrata-burger-king-sign/

Thank you for voting!

Yes 81.75%

No 18.25%

Return To Poll

Restaurant Posts Controversial ‘Help Wanted’ Sign

By John Riggs November 11, 2013 8:28 PM

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Facebook, Larry Camden

This fast food establishment allegedly in Ephrata is looking for new employees, but they have someone specific in mind which is creating quite a stir.As the sign says:
    Now Hiring Must Be Mexican
    I’m not exactly sure of the reasoning. Maybe none of the current staff can speak sspañol or perhaps they need to fulfill their EEO report, I’m not exactly sure. What do you think? Do you find this sign offensive or are you okay with their honesty.

Burger King

https://www.facebook.com/burgerking

Yakima Washington says you are hiring BUT MUST BE MEXICAN! is that illegal or legal? Wait!!! if they are legal then the are AMERICANS!!! SO YOU ADVERTISE TO HIRE ILLEGALS, I am so glad that there are other fast food places to take my grand kids to, since we are AMERICANS and not Mexicans living in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA we probably would not be welcome. Hopefully your discriminating ways will stop and if they don't ? well they I see a BOYCOTT coming your way
    Honestly didn't you think that your sign wouldn't tick people off? And maybe you need to tell all of us why your sign stated, you must be Mexican to work at Burger King? Dumb move on your part. And do you really think Mexicans are they only people who can speak Spanish? There are lots of people born right here in America, that can speak Spanish to other non speaking Mexicans. Which leads me to believe that is why you are only wanting Mexicans to work for you. I guess now maybe all of us non Mexicans need to now boycott your food!
    You know I have thought about why I haven't been able to get a job with Burger King was very apparent after reading a news article from Ephrata, Washington. I A WHITE AMERICAN feel that the ONE reason I wasn't able to work for y'all is for the that I am a WHITE AMERICAN! Yall are racist and I will never spend another AMERICAN Dollar in your restaurants.
    I'm sure the sign "NOW HIRING MUST BE MEXICAN" was a mistake...as the sign should have reflected the new BK owner's heritage ..... NOW HIRING MUST BE BRAZILIAN...
    Shove your Whopper up your A$$. I will spend my money at your American competitors.
    lol, I laughed when i saw a pic of that sign sayin "must be mexican" I am mexican btw......... it's ok, youre dealing with lots of butthurt people. I'm just gonna say I thought the sign was funny
    Don't worry if KFC put up a "Now hiring, must be black" sign all hell would break lose lol

IMO the sign is more straightforward than signs or other job announcements which only call for bi-lingual applicants. Something tells me that the companies which post those "bi-lingual" listings are not looking for people who speak Estonian.

BTW whatever happened to learning to speak a few words of English. How hard can it be to say, "Big Mac, please." We've gone too far down the multiculturalism path. My position is, They came here, we didn't go there, it's their job to learn how we do things - including learning to speak the language of these United States.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Oh this is rich... I bet the truth is that Burger King is run mostly by Mexicans that see no problem whatsoever demanding new employees be Mexican. How else do you figure it happens when you drive around and see all Mexicans working on construction sites and in certain industries and restaurants?

W
    Mr G
    go out to Pa & see what they have that work on Construction & industries & restaurants our friend live in Pa Pittston
    & some live in wilkes barrea all you see are illegal immigrants it sick & you can thank Obama for this asfor the sign it not real

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast