Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Radio Stations

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Radio Stations

Okay today I got so mad I almost threw my radio out of the balcony. I turned on my radio in my kitchen to my favorite station. Big 105.9fm. It's a classic roack station in South Florida. As soon as I pushed the on button, I herd spanish music! "What the?" I said to myself. I thought maybe that the station didn't work in my house anymore,so I called up a friend and see if it's working in his car radio. He got the same spanish music. Where did the good music go?

About a year ago, there was a dance/party station that got transfered into a spanish station. Some kind ofreggaeton stuff. Ew!

Let me guess in another year they'll take away the new rock station playing modern rock? Dang people stop messing with my music!
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

April
    I understand completely...a horrific moment for me was when I went to my local Sonic 2 weeks ago ,which is under new ownership, and instead of the usual classic rock and oldies playing on the Sonic speaker system, there was Spanish music. Needless to say, that was my last visit there.

I would write Sonic and complain. They can play that crap at the taco stand.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's so well all have to BUY Sirrus in order to hear anything in English! Got to tune in to a Chinese Christian station......this isn't ment to be blasphemous or anything......it's just funny hearing "Jesus Loves Me" in Chinese. It's getting harder and harder to find decent stations without having to pay for it. I'm with you though...leave well enough alone.....we're all still here!!!!! It's not like the rest of America left once the illegals arrived.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Dixie
    Play their music, and get a free steamingly hot and fresh side order of the diease du jour.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

April
    Dixiewrote:
    Thanks, I think I need to complain Dixie.....it is the American way to have oldies playing at Sonic At the time I was so schocked I just wanted escape..... .......and never return!!!!!

Some good news. The radio station big 105.9 is back on the air. It may have been some pirate station coming through in Spanish. It made me angry when I first turned the radio on this afternoon and heard Spanish music.
    We don't need anymore Spanish TV or radio stations as we are bombarreded with them already.

Here in San Diego we have had almost every good station coverted to Spanish only formats. It's bad enough we have to listen to Spanish stations that bleed over from Tijuana crosstalking over our local radio stations, but now most radio stations here have been turned into Spanish stations. I would say that more than half of all radio stations here are Spanish now. The best oldies station went Spanish, the top sports talk station went to Spanish music, a classic rock station went Spanish, the list goes on and on. And a Spanish radio station is now the second most listened to station in San Diego.

From the San Diego Union-Tribune:

Spanish-language radio station ranks second in S.D. County

January 26, 2005

Six and a half years after it made its debut, Spanish-language KLNV/FM 102.9 is the second-most-listened-to radio station in San Diego County.

That's what ratings monitored by the Arbitron Co. show for the fall quarter here. The data is for 41 stations heard in the San Diego radio market (a potential audience of 2.4 million) and reflect the listening habits of individuals 12 and older.

During the fall, KLNV attracted 5.1 percent of the audience, just behind KOGO/AM 600, which garnered 5.2 percent. Known as "La Neuva," KLNV is owned by Univision and plays ranchera/banda (regional Mexican) music. KOGO is owned by Clear Channel Communications and is a news and talk-show station (the home of conservatives Rush Limbaugh, Roger Hedgecock and Mark Larson, and advice-giver Laura Schlessinger).

The strong showing of "La Nueva" no doubt stems from San Diego County's considerable Latino population – 27 percent of almost 3 million inhabitants. In August 1998, the station became one of the first two Spanish-language FM "K" call-letter-designated outlets licensed here by the Federal Communications Commission. Stations with call letters that begin with "X" are licensed by Mexico. KLNV's sister station, KLQV/FM 102.9, also came on line in 1998, playing romantic ballads.
    Rounding out the top 10 stations here during the fall are KFMB/AM 760, 4.8 percent; KyXy/FM 96.5, 4.7; KiFM/FM 98.1, 4.1; KHTS/FM 93.3, 3.7; XHRM/FM 92.5, 3.4; KGB/FM 101.5, 3.2; KMYI/FM 94.1, 3.1, and KFMB/FM 100.7, also 3.1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of Spanish language format stations in San Diego. I think this list might somewhat old, so there are even more Spanish stations today.

FM STATIONS

XGLX - 91.7 - (X-91.7) Spanish Contemporary - Tijuana B.C.N.

XHAMR - 94.5 - (Amor 94.5) Spanish Adult Contemporary - Tijuana B.C.N.

XETIJ - 97.7 - (Rancheros 97.7) Regional Mexican - Tijuana B.C.N.

XHMORE - 98.9 - (MORE FM) Spanish Top 40 / Alternative - Tijuana B.C.N.

XHTY - 99.7 - (La Invasora) Regional Mexican - Tijuana B.C.N.

XHUAN - 102.5 - Regional Mexican - Tijuana B.C.N.

KLQV - 102.9 - (K-LOVE) Spanish Adult Contemporary - San Diego

XLTN - 104.5 - (Radio Latina) Spanish Adult Contemporary - Tijuana B.C.N.

KLNV - 106.5 - (La Nueva 106.5) Regional Mexican - San Diego

KSYY - 107.1 - (Viva 107.1) Spanish Contemporary - Fallbrook

XHFG - 107.3 - Spanish Adult Contemporary - Tijuana B.C.N.

XHRST - 107.7 - (Estereo Sol) Spanish Contemporary - Rosarito B.C.N.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AM STATIONS

XETRA-AM - 690 - (Grupo Prisa) Spanish Music/Talk- Rosarito B.C.N.

XEMO - 860 - (La Poderosa) Regional Mexican - Tijuana B.C.N.

XEGM - 950 - Regional Mexican - Tijuana B.C.N.

KURS - 1040 - (Radio Unica) Spanish Talk - Oceanside

XEPRS - 1090 - Spanish - Rosarito B.C.N.

XEXX - 1420 - Spanish News / Talk - Tijuana B.C.N.

XHBG - 1550 - Spanish Sports / Talk - Tijuana B.C.N.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

April
    The best oldies station went Spanish, the top sports talk station went to Spanish music, a classic rock station went Spanish, the list goes on and on. And a Spanish radio station is now the second most listened to station in San Diego.
    OMG I had no idea....my heart goes out to you Reptile. That is so WRONG

I feel sorry for you reptile09. We also lost many good radio stations here in Miami. Thank goodness we still have a few good ones. We have ads for them on buses and billboards. There is one I find offensive against every female police officer out there. She has a police uniform one and her breasts are almost hanging out of it as many of the shirt buttons are undone. They had one with a nurse as well and this one also almost had her breasts popping out of the white uniform dress that also happens to barely cover her rear.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast