Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Read how much "Free Education" is appreciated!!

Just received this from concerned friend of mine.

A little eye opener........

This email is from a retired former teacher friend whose wife is a teacher in the Riverside , CA area, and has been for many years. The attached is first hand knowledge...

As you all listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration there are some things that you should be aware of.

As most of you know my wife is in charge of the English as a second language department at large southern California high school, which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning that its students average lower socio-economic and income levels. Most of the schools you are hearing about South Gate High, Bell Gardens , Huntington Park , etc. where these students are protesting, are also Title 1 schools.

My wife tells me that 100% of the students in her school and other Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast, free lunch program. When I say free breakfast I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll, but a full breakfast and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the trash uneaten. She estimates that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least moderately overweight.

About 75% or more DO have cell phones. The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the inconvenience of having to arrange for baby sitters or having family watch their kids. She was ordered to spend $700,000 on her department or risk losing funding for the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; her budget was already substantial. She ended up buying new computers for their computer learning center; half of which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free education in America .

She has had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the country less then 3 months who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling them "Putas" (whores) and throwing things that the teachers were in tears. Free medical, free education, free food, day care etc., etc., etc. Is it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand rights, privileges and entitlements? To my bleeding heart liberal friends who think these illegal immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs. Higher ins urance, Medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc., etc., etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes. We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster because we won't have the guts to enforce it. Does anyone in their right mind really think they will leave and return voluntarily? There are many hardworking Hispanic/American citizens that contribute to our country and many that I consider my true friends. We should encourage and accept those Hispanics who have done it the right and legal way.

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third world culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate .... and an American culture that has become so weak and politically correct that we don't have the will to do anything about it. If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you know......
    http://rense.com/general76/cheap.htm
    ------------------------

Thanks for sharing this with us. I will be forwarding it to all my friends
    and family. It's true that these children and their families are un-
    appreciaitive of all the benefits they have in the U.S. Benefits that
    many U.S. citizens do not have. I guess they feel that they deserve
    them just for crossing the border. America has to wake up and start
    telling the government that they are not going to pay for these people
    anymore.

I really feel sorry for the teachers and what they have to endure.

Very enlightening. I'm at a loss for words! Thanks for posting.

Read how much "Free Education" is appreciated!!

With all due respect, an awfully lot of people seem to know this "retired former school teacher"! That same letter is often forwarded to people's Congressional representatives at "Congress.org." in the same way you have presented it here - as if this "retired school teacher" were really a personal friend or acquaintance. I think it was probably written originially after last year's marches in California, when so many students there left school to demonstrate. It is just my opinion, but I think it would help our cause if we confined ourselves to material, interesting as this is, which can be verified.

t2s
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

t2s wrote:

With all due respect, an awfully lot of people seem to know this "retired former school teacher"! That same letter is often forwarded to people's Congressional representatives at "Congress.org." in the same way you have presented it here - as if this "retired school teacher" were really a personal friend or acquaintance. I think it was probably written originially after last year's marches in California, when so many students there left school to demonstrate. It is just my opinion, but I think it would help our cause if we confined ourselves to material, interesting as this is, which can be verified.

t2s
    Are you saying that you don`t believe this?

Here`s the story from the horses mouth,
    http://rense.com/general76/cheap.htm
    ------------------------

Typically post infrequently..."Hi William!"

..but I'll say it again...

If you aren't going to show the email headers...
    If you aren't going to show the URL of article OWNERSHIP...
    If you aren't going to name the author of an article/opinion piece...

...then it is really better to treat it as MYTH / RUMOR.

In other words, don't post it and don't comment on it...

Because if people get worked up over something that turns out to be very old, rumor or myth - it gives our enemies ammunition with which to say:

"Look at those fools - chasing a myth as though it's real!"

By the way, this is at least the third time I've seen this here...

...use the search engine folks...works when I use it...

=
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

The main issue is "Free Education"
    Is that a Myth or rumor?

In this issue it mention`s the unappreciation that we get from it.
    Do you believe otherwise?

Riverside, Ca. is 20 min, from me. But it goes on everywhere.
    Most of us are not surprised
    ------------------------

If you are in favor of creating a forum titled:

"Illegal Immigration short stories, poems and novelties"

Then speak up! I'll be happy to pass on the idea to Alipac.

=
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third world culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate .... and an American culture that has become so weak and politically correct that we don't have the will to do anything about it. If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you know......
    I went to a high school in Dallas, Texas and this is the norm there. It really is like living in a third world country. My family moved to a suburb my senior year and it was like night and day. All the sudden I was going to a truly diverse school, white, brown, black, yellow and red. The main thing was that it was an American school and it was the American culture that prevailed. People who were there from foreign countries were on exchange programs and they were here to learn about American culture.

I'm still friends with some of the people I went to my "American" hs with and they just do NOT get that illegals are not assimilating. They don't get what this is doing to our country, they don't see it.

Read how much "Free Education" is appreciated.

mcf,
    There is no reason that I, or anyone else, reading your post should believe that the assertions made in this so-called "letter" are true because you provide no original source(s) through which its authenticity can be verified independently. Thus, there is no reason now to even believe that this really was originally a "letter from a retired school teacher", in California, or anywhere else. You, for example, or anyone else, simply could have written it yourself and posted it here in that form. (In making this point, please note that I am in no way suggesting that this is what you, or anyone whom you know or to whom you are related, did, or would contemplate doing, in the matter under discussion.)

Just because we want something to be true, and for it to come from an "authoritative source" ("school teacher") to prove the validity of our beliefs, does not make it so. The first two times I saw this letter posted on "Congress.org.", I was excited, too! However, after almost two years of seeing it "quoted" in letter after letter on that site, as if each writer really were a "personal friend" of this "retired school teacher", I think that continually bringing up worn, unverified material like this weakens our cause considerably. And, if we are going to make assertions of fact, especially when tied to a specific place (the Riverside, Calif., public school system) as this "letter" purports to do, then we have to be able to offer at least one original source of valid, independent verification.

I hope you will take this in the spirit in which it is written, especially if this is the first time you had read this very convincing "letter".

t2s
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast