Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I posted this observation on another thread but this one needs to hear it too. I have heard SEVERAL Senators and Congressmen over the last few days actually DISAGREEING with Bush's suggestion of a Guestworker program! And, not just a few. A good many are saying that we need BORDER ENFORCEMENT and/or SECURING the BORDER FIRST before we even THINK about a Guestworker program. So, I have a feeling that we DO have MOMENTUM and we need to keep up the pressure. I will be calling AGAIN tomorrow and start it all over!!! I may start calling and saying I'm other people as well!!! I ALWAYS do the fax thing on NumbersUSA for FOUR family members who AGREE but don't have the time to do it!! So, I could call and say I was my mother or my sons or my daughter-in-law! I would have to be careful to make sure I don't get the same person every time I call but I could always hang up if I got someone that I had already spoken to!!! This MIGHT WORK!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

To "secure the border" if they're not willing to build a fence or use the military there, they'll have to hire enough Border Patrol agents to stand shoulder to shoulder twenty-four hrs a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks per year.

I saw something on tv the other night where a couple of illegals will create a diversion to get the BP's attention allowing several more to "storm" across.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called again, I faxed again.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Mike McIntyre's response to our blitz

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me about your concerns on immigration and border security. As a member of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus, I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue and share your concerns.

I strongly support efforts to stop illegal immigration, improve our border control, and discourage illegal immigration in the United States. The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that there are over 10 million illegal aliens within our borders, and 6.7 million of them have arrived in the last 10 years. Our current immigration system cannot handle the ever-growing demands placed upon it. Illegal immigrants drain resources and opportunities from legal citizens. That is why I have developed a seven-point plan to help improve our immigration system and continue to protect our nation and its citizens.

First, it is imperative that we strengthen and defend our borders. During consideration of the Fiscal Year 2006 U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Appropriations and Authorization measures, I voted to fund additional border patrol agents, immigration investigators, and detention beds as mandated by the U.S. Congress in last year's 9/11 Recommendations Implementation Act. In addition, we need to authorize the U.S. Secretary of Defense to assign members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps to assist in the performance of border protection functions. I have continually voted in favor of provisions that would allow U.S. troops to aid our outnumbered border patrol by reducing the opportunity for terrorists and illegal aliens to sneak into the country.

Second, we need to provide our law enforcement agencies with the tools and resources necessary to be successful. On June 30, 2005, I cosponsored H.R. 2671, the Clear Law Enforcement for Criminal Alien Removal (CLEAR) Act of 2005. The CLEAR Act will give state and local law enforcement agencies the authority and resources needed to detain criminal illegal aliens within the course of their regular duties. In addition to clarifying immigration enforcement procedures, the CLEAR ACT will also provide localities with $1 billion in State Criminal Alien Assistance Program funding for the purchase of equipment for housing and processing illegal aliens. Please be assured that I will continue to advocate for giving law enforcement the authority they need to enforce immigration law.

Third, we must improve our regulation of identification cards. It is important for the government to set nationwide standards for the issuance of birth certificates and other forms of identification such as driver's licenses. Fraud in identification is no longer a problem of just theft. At many entry points to vulnerable facilities, such as security checkpoints for boarding aircraft, sources of identification are the last chance to ensure that persons are who they claim to be and ensure that they are not on the terrorist watch list. On December 7, 2004, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the conference report of the 9/11 Recommendations Implementation Act with my vote. The bill requires states and territories to certify with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) that they are meeting federal requirements in the issuance of drivers licenses, identification cards, and birth certificates. These documents must contain a person's full legal name, date of birth, gender, digital photograph, address of principal residence, and signature. The cards also have to display an identification card or driver's license number, security features designed to prevent counterfeiting, and a common, machine-readable technology, such as a magnetic strip.

Along with securing domestic identification cards, we must also regulate accepted forms of international identification. I am a cosponsor of the Identification Integrity Act which would place restrictions on the types of international identification federal agencies may accept for services. H.R. 925 would reduce the growing acceptance of foreign consulate-issued identification cards within the United States by prohibiting the government from accepting any foreign-issued identification other than passports.

Fourth, changes to amnesty provisions must stop. Laws against illegal immigration must be enforced if they are going to act as a deterrent, and new amnesty measures will just weaken respect for our immigration laws. On January 7, 2004, the President announced a new plan to relax immigration procedures. His "Fair and Secure Immigration" plan, would have extended temporary residency to 8 million illegal immigrants working in the United States. Under this new plan, all undocumented workers that can prove employment status would receive a social security card and be eligible to obtain a driver's license. These individuals would then be free to travel to and from the United States for up to three years. The Fair and Secure Immigration plan is a dangerous proposal that could undermine the strength of our immigration system and jeopardize American jobs. I am strongly opposed to it and will continue to support measures that are aimed at stopping the flow of illegal immigration.

Fifth, we need to stop payment of benefits under the so-called Social Security totalization agreement. In February of 2003, Mexico and the United States signed a totalization agreement to coordinate the retirement systems of both nations. Under current law, Americans working abroad for multinational companies based in the United States may be required to pay Social Security taxes in both countries, and vice versa for foreign workers in the United States. Under this agreement, a worker only pays Social Security taxes to the country where they are working, but at retirement the worker could combine or "totalize" work credits under both systems in order to become eligible for benefits. However, agreements like this often promote fraud by illegal aliens, and the possibility of future amnesties makes this agreement with Mexico a major threat to the solvency of the Social Security trust fund.

Sixth, it is time to stop special interest asylum abuse. America must honor its responsibilities to protect people who are fleeing true political persecution as defined by U.S. and international law; yet, efforts to expand those definitions to include all forms of "social persecution" invites massive fraud and endangers the security of this nation. Similarly, treating aliens illegally residing in the country the same as foreigners on legal visitor visas for purposes of the Temporary Protected Status designation is illogical and a form of amnesty that must be ended.

Finally, in order to guarantee equal protections and resources for legal U.S. citizens, we need to restrict legal immigration to a level consistent with stabilizing the U.S. population. Overall immigration to our country should be reduced to balance migration from the U.S., which amounts to about 300,000 people per year. We need to continue to permit nuclear family reunification and a narrowly focused refugee resettlement program, but a moratorium on all other immigration should be immediately adopted, pending true comprehensive immigration reform.

As your voice in Washington, I am committed to supporting meaningful immigration reform for our country. It is time that we adequately address this problem and work to find real solutions.

Thank you for contacting me about this important issue. I will continue to be a strong voice for you in Washington. If you would like to receive my periodic e-newsletter, visit my website at www.house.gov/mcintyre/IMA/issue.htm.

Sincerely,

Mike McIntyre
    Member of Congress
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Am I DREAMING???? Wonder if HE would consider being our third party candidate????
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Mike has sounded good on immigrations every time I have contacted him. Wonder how he would be as governor. course we don't have one right now.

Why don't you approach him about that?? It would sure beat the pea-turkey out of SUE MYRICK. You're right--the NC GOVERNOR'S MANSION is temporarily VACANT!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    Mike has sounded good on immigrations every time I have contacted him. Wonder how he would be as governor. course we don't have one right now.
    Yes, but now we have a lottery.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    Yes, but now we have a lottery.

and the 1st winner will probable be an illegal

We could be HOPEFUL and we could think that WE would be the first winners. SO HELP ME, if an ILLEGAL wins that lottery, we are going to all band together and SUE!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456