Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dxd

Remember what Sensenbrenner said

By Stephen Dinan
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    Published January 25, 2006

Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., the House point man on immigration, yesterday said that a guest-worker program like the one proposed by President Bush is amnesty and that he cannot accept it in a final immigration bill.
    "A guest-worker program that applies to illegal aliens already here is an amnesty," the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee said in an interview with The Washington Times.
    As the chief House negotiator in any House-Senate conference committee on immigration, he said voters will not accept a plan that amounts to amnesty, and said Mr. Bush's proposal would simply push the problem down the road.

If anyone wants to call him to remind him of what he said:
    Phone: (262) 784-1111
    Fax: (262) 784-9437

I already have. I reminded his office of what he said and I said that we the people expect him to maintain his position and if he don't a reasonable person would be justified in calling him a liar and a fraud.

I fear there is a lot of rhetoric going around Washington that is just put out as a smokescreen -

When they say, 'Let's forget all this yakking and enforce the laws we now have on the books and secure the borders' - you will know they are serious about fixing the problem. Until then, it's politics as usual.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dxd
    nntrixie,
    Good assessment!