Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Remittances plunge in Mexico: central bank

Remittances plunge in Mexico: central bank

www.chinaview.cn 2009-10-29 08:55:57

MEXICO CITY, Oct. 28 (Xinhua) -- Money sent home by Mexican workers overseas was 17.5 percent lower in September from a year earlier and 13.4 percent lower in the year to end September from the previous one, the Bank of Mexico said Wednesday in a statement.

September's remittances were 1.74 billion dollars and year-to-end-September transfers were 16.43 billion, the statement said.

Remittances have suffered in Mexico due to a U.S. recession that began in December 2007 but now appears to be coming to an end.

Around 10 percent of all Mexico's 100 million citizens live in the United States, representing around a third of the States' migrant population.

U.S. authorities have also been enforcing existing immigration legislation more strictly, including raids on businesses that employ large numbers of illegal workers, a move that strikes Mexicans in greater proportion than other groups.

U.S. statistics show that as many as 85 percent of Mexicans living in the United States entered the country illegally, although many of them have since legalized their status.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009- ... 353387.htm

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    U.S. statistics show that as many as 85 percent of Mexicans living in the United States entered the country illegally, although many of them have since legalized their status.
    People have called me racist for this. I didn't even know the number I was just guessing from my experiences of living in Arizona.

But, did anyone mention how deposits to American banks by Americans have dropped from illegal immigrants taking their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by laughinglynx
    People have called me racist for this. I didn't even know the number I was just guessing from my experiences of living in Arizona.

But, did anyone mention how deposits to American banks by Americans have dropped from illegal immigrants taking their jobs.
    I have been called a racist and a bigot for telling people to go back to their own country and fix their problems. Does it bother me? hahahhahhah NO.

Somehow on future discussion, they have the same liberal bull I hear over and over again. "Well this country was founded on immigrants" Yes and my reply is "LEGAL Immigrants" Not border jumping landscapers and gang bangers.
    America <div>Home of the free</div><div>Home of the brave</div><div>Home of 20 million illegal*alien villagers*and counting!*</div>

[/quote]

NO more amnesties! Enforcement only! Anything less will result in more mexicans disrespecting and disobeying our laws to enter illegally.

and

Around 10 percent of all Mexico's 100 million citizens live in the United States, representing around a third of the States' migrant population.
    We cannot allow any more to come from Mexico, 10% is already way too much. SEAL the border.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Anything published by the Chinese always has a stink of trying their best to laugh at us-- or since these "news" outlets are government controlled, perhaps they are encouraging their billion citizens to try coming here as it is so easy.
    Does anyone with the intelligence info make any move to protest this? Nah, they are the largest holder of our Treasury debt, and along with Russia, are trying to undermine the dollar as the world reserve currency.
    We dare not destroy their economy by boycotting their poisonous products into this country.
    We dumb Americans need to become multi-lingual, not only learning Spanish but Mandarin Chinese as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)