Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ohmigosh. YOU ARE SUNK. I could suggest you move to North Carolina but we are fast filling up here so maybe ALASKA???!!! I know Arizona must be the pits!

MY SYMPATHIES!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I live in Central California and not only are the signs in Spanish, so are the commercials you hear in the store.

I don't think California has any Food Cities yet. Food City is a Spanish-speaking and directed supermarket chain and Arizona is plagued with them. I think even though it isn't illegal owned, it's still a huge employer of illegals and attracts them by the busload.
    What's good about them is that you can use them to figure out where you don't want to live (which was one of the determining factors when we went looking for our new house). Unfortunately, if you move somewhere where there is no Food City, chances are one will pop up near your home within the year. My new house is in a neighborhood surrounded by warehouses so the chance that the next Food City will be build near my residence is slim to none.

We don't have those in North Carolina YET but you've given us a good heads up of what to expect in the future. My bet is, with the EXTREME influx of illegals that North Carolina is experiencing, it won't be long before we will be faced with the same problem.

WHEN WILL THIS END???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

ABC TV has put the Spanish captioning at the bottom of the screen on their primetime shows! I emailed ABC and told them that I will not watch their shows until they take that crap off my TV. I also reminded them that this is America and if you immigrate here, you are SUPPOSED to learn English. Everyone seems to be catering to the illegals these days I am sure there is probably some way to turn it off(the captioning), but the point is that I should not have to do that. If I can't turn it off, well....I guess ABC will never be watched ever again on my TV set!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

I think that's in your television, rebellady. If you go to your TV menu and search the options, you will find one that gives you the choice of turning off that caption mess. I think that's been going on for a LONG time because I remember, several years ago, a friend was having that problem and I went to try to figure out why and that's what I discovered.

If you can't find out how to eliminate the problem, let me know and I will practice on my TV and refresh my memory on how to get rid of that. It would DRIVE ME CRAZY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    We don't have those in North Carolina YET but you've given us a good heads up of what to expect in the future. My bet is, with the EXTREME influx of illegals that North Carolina is experiencing, it won't be long before we will be faced with the same problem.

WHEN WILL THIS END???
    Oh man, fight that with every breath of your body. Make up fliers and leave them on every door of your neighborhood. Unfortunately they were here before I got here. I walked into one without knowing what it was my first week living in Phoenix. Imagine my suprise.

Thanks for the great idea!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12