Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You would have to have a president who wants to enforce the laws. If we had that, we wouldn't need congress to do a thing.

If this president simply enforced the laws on the books right now, we would be way ahead of the game.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Sosad I am with you on congress - I think we should just vote out any incumbent - with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions - everyone else should go.

But to think the PResident doesn't and won't have great power is something that is being put forward and we know that just isn't true.

Congress, years ago, gave us bills to fix illegal immigration - regardless of what the ones there now are doing. WE have what we need to fix most of the problems. The PResident is not enforcing them - so in this instance, he has all the power.

Even if congress voted in some very strigent new immigration bill, this President would not enforce it.

Don't buy into the 'President has no power' - just look at the devastating changes that have occurred in this country in the past 7 years for which this President and his actions or inactions are responsible.

Do we really need a bill that says employers need to use e-verify? I don't think so. We have a bill that says they can't hire illegal employees. Don't tell me these employers don't know when they are hiring illegals. A company that hires tens of thousands of hispanics say they don't know they are hiring illegals.

Yes, they can be prosecuted. I'm not sure what laws specifically are on the books regrading that - but this President is very creative in the use of laws - just look at what they did to Ramos and Campean. They used a law designed to up the punishment for drug dealers against two BP agents.

Don't tell me they couldn't use 'aiding and abetting' or RICO laws or some other thing against employers.

Please don't accept 'the president can do nothing' - just look around.
    Congress makes the laws and congress can see they get enforced, congress is suppose to do the oversight, but this congress does not, they are cowards.

Alberto Gonzalaz is gone because he knew he was in trouble with congress and him and Bush were scared. Rumsfield for the same reason, do you believe for one second Bush wanted them gone.

This is what makes our process work if everyone was doing their job.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada

Pro Illegal

All Dems
    Huck
    Rudi
    McCain

Anti illegal

Paul
    Hunter
    Romney

No matter how you add this up , the choices won't change

Probable next president

Rudi
    Romney
    Obama
    Hillary

JMO , it will be one of those 4
    I would agree with this, and also add Huck as one of the probables. Rasmussen nat'l polling from last night shows Romney rising to 19% nationally, just behind behind Huck who has 21% and is now in #1, which would indicate that NH is more important to McCain than Romney. Although the MSM will probably keep hammering Romney no matter what he does.

Then if the choice is between these 5, who do you want??? Who is least likely to try to shove amnesty down our throats?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

xyz
    The Washington Post..and it's subsidiary News Week are play down and dirty with Romney..There was a Smear in Newsweek..and now this..
    Might want to give the Editors and the Advertisers an email/phone call for Dirty Politics...
    Romney is being slammed for being anti-illegal..just like Tancredo, Hunter
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02633.html

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Romney's position is tempered by realism if you listen to him after listening to Roy Beck and Mark Krikorian you would realize they are saying the same thing. Resolution by a process of attrition through enforcement is going to take years. There are people who feel a candidate should solve the problem before even being elected. There is a large minority of illegal aliens who are already eligible for regularization programs but do not use them. Even if they do not leave immediately or file and stay if eligible it helps to know where they are through registration.
    Exactly Richard. Like William has said "the people on here need to stop tearing down Ron Paul, Romney, Hunter or Thompson" and work against the pro amnesty candidates. Romney supporters do not continue to berate Ron Paul. If you don't believe him, don't vote for and leave the the constant negativity off the board. People are starting to sound like McCain and Huckabee the other night.

Trixie, I realize the President is suppose to enforce the law but if the congress was doing their oversight and weren't affraid of the president they would have impeached him for not upholding the law and protecting our country.

That is their job and they have not been doing it.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Yes, you are right - despite what happened to Clinton, impeachment is a very serious thing.

I'm not saying congress couldn't/shouldn't do something - but that would mean replacing hundreds, when we could fix most of the problems by just replacing one person.

With that person in office, fixing some of the problems, we could work to get rid of the others.

xyz
    Yes..Tancredo Quit..
    Now that media is after Romney..He is on the same hit list that Duncan, Hunter, Paul, Thompson are..

You could be right about Romney - but he hasn't been excluded yet, to my knowledge.

The talk about his religion bothers me a lot, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Yes, you are right - despite what happened to Clinton, impeachment is a very serious thing.

I'm not saying congress couldn't/shouldn't do something - but that would mean replacing hundreds, when we could fix most of the problems by just replacing one person.

With that person in office, fixing some of the problems, we could work to get rid of the others.
    Trixie, I realize this, the point I was makeing is we have 4 probable choices they have all flip flopped so we are not going to be completely sure of anyone of them, so the next best step is make sure we work hard to replace congress...I see where we have no other choice, we can argue all day on these four canidates and it is more than likely all we are going to have, unless we get lucky with Hunter or paul...but I won't count on that at the moment.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast