Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Romney

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Native-born Americans can obtain certified copies of birth certificates to prove their birth in the United States.

Naturalized citizens can present citizenship papers that would demonstrate their status as American citizens.

Gov. Romney's proposal has nothing to do with RealID.
    Then citizens will be required to prove their eligibility to work, too. And they'll be required to do it with the SAME 'biometric ID'.

Why do you not SEE this???
    So then after we get Romney elected, instead of McCain, Hillary or Obama, we can oppose this in Congress and make sure it doesn't happen, as our new President opposes amnesty, secures the border, enforces the law and goes after employers who hire illegals.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    What makes you think any of these other losers will be able to accomplish the feat?
    So you're saying Romney is a loser?
    Did I say that Romney was pushing amnesty? I don't think so.

What I DID say is that part of Romney's plan seems to be pushing the RealID at us, without actually coming out and saying so.

Banned
    For the most part this country is getting real id
    weather you want it or not

Maybe I can clear this up a little. Let's give credit, where credit is due. The Real ID push is coming from Bush, and not the next president, which will inherit a partially implemented Real ID plan.

Romney is not proposing implementing anything in regards to the immigration cards containing biometrics. It's already implemented and when DHS issues the new green cards/resident alien cards, they will contain expirations and biometric ID.

Secondly, your correct Pine. The Real ID will start with the illegal aliens and come to all citizens. Biometrics are already a part of passports, which were replaced this year.

Bush's non-support of Romney is a good sign that people should vote for him. On the other hand, we've seen Bush in a love bubble with McCain. I wish Bush would hurry up and stump for McCain or Huckster.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    23 States have passed some type of legislation opposing it. DHS keeps changing its deadlines. Real ID is being fought on the state level and it will be defeated.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

So when you say, "these other losers," you don't mean Romney, the topic of this thread? That's sure what it sounds like you are saying to me. Could you please elaborate on what you meant by, "these other losers," when you posted it in a thread about Mitt Romney?

What makes you think any of these other losers will be able to accomplish the feat?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    23 States have passed some type of legislation opposing it. DHS keeps changing its deadlines. Real ID is being fought on the state level and it will be defeated.
    Yes it is being fought

But its also being implemented in many states right now
    In Nevada it means you need a birth cert to reknew a drivers
    license

No chips , no black helicopter stuff

But does mean a lot of illegals here won't get licenses

What I DID say is that part of Romney's plan seems to be pushing the RealID at us, without actually coming out and saying so.
    And at this point, we need to defeat those candidates who are pushing amnesty and once Romney is in office, we can oppose Real ID if necessary in Congress and at the State and local level like it is being opposed right now. First thing's first. Defeat the pro-illegal amnesty candidates - McCain, Obama and Hillary and then we can argue over details. Put out our house that's on fire and then we'll talk about the wallpaper in the kitchen.

IMHO, it's a waste of energy to argue over details such as Real ID when we need to be opposing openly pro-amnesty candidates like McCain, Hillary and Obama. Wasting our energy and time doing that is simply playing into their hands and helping them get elected. I'm sure McCain loves it when true conservatives do that.

I think Michael Regan's article was very telling. He is really against McCain and he will back Romney. He doesn't feel that McCain is conservative and tht he acutally "hates" conservatives. Looks down on them and has a very superior attitude.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Romney

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Native-born Americans can obtain certified copies of birth certificates to prove their birth in the United States.

Naturalized citizens can present citizenship papers that would demonstrate their status as American citizens.

Gov. Romney's proposal has nothing to do with RealID.
    Then citizens will be required to prove their eligibility to work, too. And they'll be required to do it with the SAME 'biometric ID'.

Why do you not SEE this???
    Are you claiming that native-born Americans citizens don't presently have to prove their eligibility to work?

Are you familiar with an I-9 form (or more properly an Employment Eligibility Verification Form)?

An I-9 form is used by an employer to verify an employee's identity and to establish that the worker is eligible to accept employment in the United States. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA) required employers to verify that all newly-hired employees present "facially valid" documentation verifying the employee's identity and his or her legal authorization to accept employment in the United States.

Gov. Romney's proposal has nothing to do with the REAL ID Act of 2005. His proposal in the clearest of language states that the requirement for biometric card would only apply to non-citizens.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast