Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I seem to remember McCain running an anti illegal platform and then jumping back on the amnesty train. I don't see Ron Paul being any different. Talk is cheap.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Baloney ... he's never changed as long as I have followed him

media trys to distort Ron Paul and apparently they have done a great job

Unbelievable ...

the attacks by the media will only pick up the pace to protect the establishment
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Has Ron Paul Done An Immigration 180?
    By W. James Antle, III on 5.2.11 @ 11:00AM

Is Ron Paul​ the next "pro-immigration libertarian" to bedevil conservatives? VDare's Washington Watcher columnist surveys Liberty Defined, Paul's latest book, and finds a "tragic turnaround on immigration." In an email to supporters of his PAC Friday, Tom Tancredo​ accused his former congressional colleague and fellow 2008 Republican presidential candidate of doing a "180 turn" on immigration and "standing with La Raza and the Chamber of Commerce."

"I have served with Ron Paul in Congress for ten years and consider him a friend," Tancredo continued. "While we have differed very publicly on issues such as the threat of Radical Islam, he had generally been an ally on immigration in Congress. He was a solid vote against amnesty, a leader in ending birthright citizenship, and joined my Immigration Reform Caucus."

According to these critics (I haven't read Liberty Defined yet), in his book Paul repeats cliches about illegal aliens only doing jobs Americans won't do, canards about using the Army for mass deportations, and comes out for some kind of "generous visitor worker program" that bars participants from receiving government benefits. Paul remains opposed to amnesty -- though Tancredo characterizes this last position as "amnesty with an 'asterisk'" -- and birthright citizenship, but is also against Arizona's SB 1070, E-Verify, and employer sanctions against hiring illegal aliens.

What has long separated Paul from open-borders libertarians is his belief in borders and national sovereignty, plus his agreement with Milton Friedman that a welfare state cannot have unlimited immigration. But he has never to my knowledge been interested in restrictionism per se, though as a Rothbardian he ought to be familiar with libertarian arguments for it, and some of these positions that offend immigration restrictionists are nothing new. There are also legitimate civil libertarian concerns with some of the restrictionists' pet legislation, like Real ID.

But if these Liberty Defined summaries are accurate, it does represent a shift in Paul's immigration rhetoric away from the classic paleo position, perhaps in anticipation of competition with the more conventionally open-borders libertarian Republican Gary Johnson. Dan McCarthy worried last year that "instead of the Johnson-Paul tag team making anti-statist and anti-interventionist views more mainstream, Johnson might sidetrack Paul into discussions that would make it easier for the party establishment to marginalize both of them." We'll see.
    http://spectator.org/blog/2011/05/02/has-ron-paul-done#

Cnn And Politico Admit Ron Paul Media Conspiracy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vRuy0m7IjA

Jon Stewart Scolds Media For Ignoring Rep. Ron Paul http://www.infowars.com/jon-stewart-sco ... -ron-paul/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul's amnesty with an asterisk
    Posted: May 14, 2011
    1:00 am Eastern

© 2011

Tom Tancredo
    as far as Tom Tancredo; articles from him were not allowed to be posted on ALIPAC because of his comments about ALIPAC

I love him to pieces; but there is more to this story

Reuters Edits Iowa Poll Reality According to Globalist Agenda http://www.infowars.com/reuters-edits-i ... st-agenda/

All Of Ron Paul's Iowa Fox GOP Debate Question & Answers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76LFwMnq ... r_embedded

Banned
    I was a Ron Paul fan In 2008. I have followed Him closely too. I have heard him say things on Fox and other shows that seem to Indicate that his views are morphing and changing. He said on Fox that we cannot deport all of the Illegals,and that we have to find a way to make getting a green card easier. I heard him say It. I want to believe that he Is the same Ron Paul that I liked so much In 2008 because Of his stance against the FED and against Illegal Immigration,but It looks like his views have changed on the Immigration front enough to keep me away this time. TS

The man is against birthright citizenship, for securing the border and putting an end to entitlements for illegals. He rarely waivers from his view points and he doesn't say whatever he needs too in order to get elected. I don’t see any other candidate who deserves my vote yet. He has made comments indicating he is for allowing some of the illegals to stay here but he is running for the presidency. He is not going to be the entire congress and there is a limited amount that any president can do without congress. I honestly don’t think what to do with all the illegals that are here is high on his agenda anyway. He's major concerns are ending the wars and the Fed. Bottom line is Ron Paul will do more to end the illegal immigration problem then any other candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    I was a Ron Paul fan In 2008. I have followed Him closely too. I have heard him say things on Fox and other shows that seem to Indicate that his views are morphing and changing. He said on Fox that we cannot deport all of the Illegals,and that we have to find a way to make getting a green card easier. I heard him say It. I want to believe that he Is the same Ron Paul that I liked so much In 2008 because Of his stance against the FED and against Illegal Immigration,but It looks like his views have changed on the Immigration front enough to keep me away this time. TS
    I can't believe Ron Paul is being promoted on a site that is against illegal immigration, but he sure is.

This is interesting http://teapartywest.com/?p=2143

As the Congressman from TX for almost a quarter century, I have yet to see any legislation authored by Congressman Paul addressing illegal immigration—AND HE REPRESENTS TEXAS! Texas has the longest common border with Mexico and if anyone should KNOW the problems illegal immigration is causing this country, I WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE RON PAUL!

And a comment from the site....

If someone says to me

-He/she opposes the E-Verify program.
    -He/she is against all laws that prohibit employers from hiring illegal aliens.
    -The patriotic Americans who oppose mass immigration are LAZY and RACIST.
    -He/she is against Arizona’s SB 1070 law.

is enough to me to “labelâ€
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast