Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rosa Parks to be Honored w/ Statue in Capital!

I just heard that Bush signed into law a renewal of the voting act of 1965 and that Rosa Parks will have a statue erected in the Capital hall of the statues. This is a great honor for such simple act. I am rather happy to see such a monument to be erected in the honor of such a great women!

P

Re: Rosa Parks to be Honored w/ Statue in Capital!

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I just heard that Bush signed into law a renewal of the voting act of 1965 and that Rosa Parks will have a statue erected in the Capital hall of the statues. This is a great honor for such simple act. I am rather happy to see such a monument to be erected in the honor of such a great women!

P
    I agree with what your saying, but I have to tell you though that I'm so sick to death of politicans using this woman's death as a way to gain politically from this. They have been getting up on their pulpits and giving these stump speeches acting like they really give a rats you know what about this woman so they can try to court the black vote. It's pandering at it's worst and I find it to be truly disgusting. I have no beef with this woman and she did some good things, but what I have a beef with is politicans patting themselves on the back and huddling around her grave like a pack of vultures putting on this phony act like they care so much about this woman. Had this woman been your average white girl, nobody would care. I also have a problem with the media's constant 24/7 coverage of this. I hated it when they did it with Reagan and I hate this now. Ok she did some good things, but lets not saturate the airwaves with this 24/7, we have more important things to worry about that need the attention of the American people that aren't getting any coverage at all or minimal coverage at best.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I posted this to another forum and someone brought up a good point, why isnt martin lurther king have a statue? I think that should be as well.

P

I have to agree with you, dman. They are just OVERDOING the political part of this. And, I can think of HUNDREDS of Americans who deserve a statue and don't get them.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I would have to agree with you two on this that it has become to political, perhaps they should have an area along the washington monument with famous people that have done alot. Thier is many that deserve this as well.

P

Right, Pro!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I posted this to another forum and someone brought up a good point, why isnt martin lurther king have a statue? I think that should be as well.

P
    Yeah I agree, and I like the Ideal of at the Washington Monument. That is where he gave his most famous speech. I love that ideal. This might be a great thing, that someday us at ALIPAC could work on, on the side. The more I think of it. The better I like the Ideal
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I always wondered, what happened to the white guy who legally demanded his seat?

After all, if not for him, Rosa who?

Quote Originally Posted by Scubayons

P
    Yeah I agree, and I like the Ideal of at the Washington Monument. That is where he gave his most famous speech. I love that ideal. This might be a great thing, that someday us at ALIPAC could work on, on the side. The more I think of it. The better I like the Ideal
    I want one for washington's cherry tree, just look at the sacrifice it gave...OK just being fascias.. yea scubi do I got your pm.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

COI--I think YOUR idea is definitely worth SERIOUS consideration!!! And, really, I would like to have one for MYSELF AFTER I LOSE A FEW POUNDS!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast