Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think the statue of Rosa parks should combine a cherry tree and George washington and maybe an apple pie!
    yeah more votes!
    Great, have a statue- it's symbolic and mostly meaningless
    Rosa Parks refusing to give up her seat was a conscious , symbolic act that at the time had great power. and it did not just happen - it was in the planning stage-
    what I find amusing is that none of the people who give speeches about Rosa Parks have mostly likely ever ridden a bus.
    once I was 20 and living in San Francisco - I was on the bus and As I sat next to the window- which was open- a young black man jumped up and spat on me, his eyes full of hate, calling me " Blue Eyes". I was a natural blond with blue eyes.
    Now, I did nothing, but look back at him- no protest- no complaint- no police no letter to the editor- I did what I was trained to do as a white GIrl --which was to never make a fuss--
    now everyone who gets a real day glo good feeling about Rosa Parks will be uncomfortable with what I have written- Reverse Racism isn't to be acknowledged.

Re: Rosa Parks to be Honored w/ Statue in Capital!

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I just heard that Bush signed into law a renewal of the voting act of 1965

P
    You're mistaken. The voting rights act is still in committee, and hasn't been voted on in any chamber, period. They're still holding hearings on it.

I saw Jesse Jackson and his son, CONGRESSMAN Jesse Jackson, on ONE of the talk shows a couple of days ago and the son is the one who was pusing both. I didn't get the idea that the voting rights act had been signed either. I THOUGHT that what Bush signed was about the statue BUT, since I can't STAND to listen to Jesse Jackson, I was half TUNED OUT.

Rebecca--I have to agree with YOU. You did exactly what I would have done on the bus! That's just how we were raised! Nice little Southern ladies!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie - yeah and that makes us easy pickins too!
    Rhet Butler where are you now that I need you

Frankly, Scarlett, I don't GIVE a damn!!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

BIG LAUGHS!

yes - but translated into Farsi it means : How much for the Brown Cow?

Talk is CHEAP!!! Brown cows speaka no FARSI!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast