Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

And on the other hand, I'm all for deportation. The illegals know the risk before coming here. As soon as they cross the border, they are eligible for welfare and other handouts. We can barely take care of ourselves, so I'm all for booting them back home.

I beg to differ....

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFarmer
    Most of them have not commited other crimes and are not motivated by the desire to collect public benefits. They are here because they can make from six to fifteen times as much money for work here as they could where they came from. They fail to calculate or gloss over the fact that the cost of living is higher here too. Many of them would be better off were they to head home because it costs less to live there. Even more would be in that situation if E-verify rolled out and public benefits were cut off.
    I absolutely believe a vast majority of the illegal aliens come to the USA for public benefits including but not limited to birthright citizenship.

Come to Texas, go to any McDonalds in the afternoon...you will see very young adults (children, in my book) with 1 in a stroller, 1 infant and pregnate again....

Re: I beg to differ....

Quote Originally Posted by kysteelgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFarmer
    Most of them have not commited other crimes and are not motivated by the desire to collect public benefits. They are here because they can make from six to fifteen times as much money for work here as they could where they came from. They fail to calculate or gloss over the fact that the cost of living is higher here too. Many of them would be better off were they to head home because it costs less to live there. Even more would be in that situation if E-verify rolled out and public benefits were cut off.
    I absolutely believe a vast majority of the illegal aliens come to the USA for public benefits including but not limited to birthright citizenship.

Come to Texas, go to any McDonalds in the afternoon...you will see very young adults (children, in my book) with 1 in a stroller, 1 infant and pregnate again....
    Come to California and you will see the exact same thing everywhere in every town.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Steve, I am getting the impression you are the only one not wearing a Kevlar vest.
    When I went to purchase one I was told that Obama bought them all and were handing them out with the assault rifles to the drug cartels!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    I thought Roy gave good answers to an "interviewer" that was out to nail him. Roy pressed home the fact that illegal immigration is linked to jobs. After the interview, the "interviewer" and about three others repeatedly talked trash about Roy. Of course he's no longer part of the conversation and can't defend himself.
    12 Americans are killed everyday in America at the hands of illegals, that's not something you ignore or deny, and illegals are collapsing our economy with all the benefits they're receiving, that's also something you don't "just forget to mention"

He supported Lamar Smith's E-verify bill which was like trying to eat a apple with no teeth, instead of Grassley's bill which had fangs!

I saw something wrong when King didn't pick up the second slot!

I like that Roy sticks to jobs and money, but the problem has grown way outside those parameters and Americans are dying by the thousands!

And that just don't fly "right" pun intended!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh heck! There is a fly in the ointment!

Number's ratings for Paul?

There is nothing wrong with what Roy Beck said.

He was generalising. And generally speaking illegals DON'T come for welfare and to commit crimes. Those are bi-products of illegal immigration. By and large they come for jobs and Roy is 100% spot on about what he said.

He was emphasizing the impact on the American labor force, and I give him great credit for that. Illegal immigration is pure corporate greed, and that is what Roy was saying.

That dork on MSNBC seemed to be almost agreeing with Roy in principle (labor, environment etc.) but seemed to just not like the intention of some of the backers of the bill. That is asinine. In the end, all that matters is whether the bill is positive or negative. Motives of the endorsers should not matter. That bubble head on his panel tried to claim that their are "certain jobs that we expect immigrants to do." Bull. Roy already blew that load of crap out of the water. I guess she missed it when he said that every time the labor laws are enforced, Americans fill the vacated jobs. "Unenforcable laws" my ass Unethical politicians is more like it.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Re: I beg to differ....

Quote Originally Posted by kysteelgirl

Just end Welfare and see what happens. Probably see a lot of esposas go home. But why would the bread winner go back to make 1/10th the salary he makes here?

End the job magnet and they will ALL leave.

Which magnet has greater pull?
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

BearFlag, While I agree with you "generally' speaking, there is another magnet that needs to be taken into account. The birthright anchor status that insures permanence for both those seeking work, and those who can afford to fly themselves into this country and drop anchor and not fear deportation. Both groups like that magnet.

Still alot of water being carried for Roy, after his boards assessment and grading of Ron Paul.

State's rights? Skinny ground there. Everyone knows how that has played out, and few would probably think that the dynamics there would change if the states were to become complacent in the future. Trust big gubmint to watch our backs again? Poor stevetheroofer is without Kevlar.

100% agreement coming from you seems a bit high!?

I smell hypocrisy, therefor I smell blood. And not just on Steve's back.

Anyone else smell blood?

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    There is nothing wrong with what Roy Beck said.

Roy Beck has been sliding backwards ever so slightly on Illegal Immigration for some time. He has been pushing Lamar Smiths E-Verify bill, even though Kris Kobach ( The guy that helped write Arizona's SB -1070) has called Smiths bill "A STEP BACKWARD" just when the states were given the green light by THE SUPREME COURT to enforce E-Verify. This bill takes the states rights away from enforcement,and leaves It up to the FEDS Kobach has called the Smith bill another form of amnesty ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast