Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rumor: President Felipe Calderon has an alcohol problem?

The President's health condition and the public's right to know.

Posted by Analourdes3 on 02/07/2011 at 02:41

Snapshot of the Web page as it appeared on 3/7/2011

Carmen Aristegui is perhaps the most respectable and well-known journalist in Mexico nowdays. She anchors a program for CNN en Espanol and she also has conducted a successful radio newscast for the last two years, which has reached the highest radio ratings in the morning hours. But Aristegui is not anchoring the radio newscast anymore. She has been fired by MVS, with the argument that she had violated the company’s ethics code.

Aristegui’s dismissal seems to be related to an incident that occurred last Thursday at the Mexican Congress. That day, a group of legislators from the leftist Partido del Trabajo (PT) interrupted the legislative session to show up a big sign with the following legend: “Would you let a drunk person drive your car? You wouldnt, right? So, why do you let him drive your country?´´

The sign refered to a rumor that alleges president Felipe Calderon has an alcohol problem. This information has been floating for a long time in social networks and many people repeat as is it was true.

So, when legislators displayed the banner, journalists from all over the country reported the news. Some anchors and reporters made clear reference to the text of the sign, and some others avoided it. But Aristegui went beyond that.

She openly talked about the need of knowing the truth. She talked about these rumors plaguing the social networks and said that the Presidency would have to respond. “In all democracies of the world, once in a while, (citizens) can demand reports on the health conditions of their officials,â€
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

I guess anyone would have some type of problem dealing with everything he has to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_2010
    I guess anyone would have some type of problem dealing with everything he has to deal with.
    Ditto that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_2010
    Ditto that.
    Bump!!

Banned
    I guess id have that problem to if i was in charge of a bunch of MEX.He trying to run a country where everybody is running away from.Dealing with immigration problems to where nobody wants to stay drugs gangs and MEXS.id drink too. I see mexicans around here all the time im ready for a drink myself. Why do people go down there for vacations when they can go to about any town in U.S.and see mexicans.I guess he is like all drunks drink it up and your problems go away and his are across the border everyday.His problems now are causing us to drink!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    I guess id have that problem to if i was in charge of a bunch of MEX.He trying to run a country where everybody is running away from.Dealing with immigration problems to where nobody wants to stay drugs gangs and MEXS.id drink too. I see mexicans around here all the time im ready for a drink myself. Why do people go down there for vacations when they can go to about any town in U.S.and see mexicans.I guess he is like all drunks drink it up and your problems go away and his are across the border everyday.His problems now are causing us to drink!!!!!!
    Lol, A cool post!!