Rush Limbaugh

The idea that voters in an election like this turning out as many Democrats as they can means they want Republicans to work with Obama instead of Democrats, is literally insane!

Caller: If Voters Wanted Congress to Work with Obama, They Would've Elected Democrats
RUSH: Most hosts would have stolen your idea, never mentioned you, and had the screener hang up on you and nobody would have ever known you existed, but I...
rushlimbaugh.com

Caller's Great Point: If Voters Wanted Congress to Work with Obama, They Would've Elected Democrats

November 06, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: This is John in Mount Clemens, Michigan. Hey, John, are you still there?
CALLER: I am, Rush, and I'm humbled that you're talking about my call before I even get on the air.
RUSH: Well, you know, most hosts would have stolen your idea, never mentioned you, and had the screener hang up on you and nobody would have ever known you existed, but I have more integrity than that.
CALLER: That's what separates you from the pack.
RUSH: I think your thinking on this is simplistically brilliant. It's one of those things I wish I would have thought of myself.
CALLER: Well, you would have, and really, it's the thought processes that you inspire throughout the day that made me think of this last night watching all these talking heads paid millions of dollars to tell us to start working together. It's really irritating, I know for you, when a Republican like McConnell says that, because it's so opposite. And, finally, I just said to someone --

RUSH: It's not entertaining. It's frustrating to me, and the reason it's frustrating is because I honestly think he misunderstands. I think a lot of people misunderstand what the voters want and what the election meant and I think because they suffer from posttraumatic stress disorder brought on by constant media attacks, I think they've got a misconception of what the American people want. They, too, buy this notion that they were sent there to compromise and work with Obama.
CALLER: You said that for two or three election cycles, and I agreed with it then. But the message is too loud and clear now, and they're not gonna be able to do that. It's not gonna be able to happen. I'll tell you, the point that you were talking about that I told your call screener is that, you know, they could have very easily sent Democrats back to the Senate, sent Democrats back to the House. They didn't do that.
RUSH: 'Kin' A! 'Kin' A! Exactly right.
CALLER: Listen, if you want to work with a Democrat president, who do you send other than Democrats? That's what you do. Not only did they not gain, they obviously lost. So what other conclusion can you possibly make? These people are sitting around debating on CNN -- not so much on Fox, on CNN and whatever -- "The American people want them to work together." No, they don't. Give 'em Democrats to work with if you wanted to work together.
RUSH: That's so right. It's nothing more than a media game. It's meant to trap Republicans. It's meant to trick them, because you're exactly right. If the voters wanted more of Obama and more what the Obama agenda is, send the guys who make it possible. Send the Democrats. Obama even said, "They're the guys that make it possible. They're my buddies." Okay, send 'em back! Send Democrats. The idea that voters in an election like this turning out as many Democrats as they can means they want Republicans to work with Obama instead of Democrats, is literally insane!
CALLER: Well, and I think it's worse than that, too. Because if you're a Democrat and you want this agenda pushed, and now you see this wave of Republicans, what better way to try to guilt or push and pressure Republicans into doing what you want than to say, "You know what the public really wants? They really want us to work together to pass the president's agenda."
RUSH: Exactly, and they do it every time they lose. That's their analysis. "Well, it means they want you working with us." They're full of it.
CALLER: Before you let me go, Rush -- I know you gotta move on, but -- it's interesting that before I got on the air you were using the physician and the surgeon analogy.
RUSH: Yeah.
CALLER: And the fact that sometimes not doing anything is right. Isn't the first rule of medicine, "Do no harm"?
RUSH: Yeah.
CALLER: That should be the Republicans' battle cry, that should be what takes them forward the next two or four years. "Do no harm." You want to know what our agenda is? Do no more harm to this country. Knock it off.
RUSH: There you go. That's the agenda. That's slogan. "Do no harm." Now, John, as I said, your comment is so brilliant, so simplistically brilliant. You say I would have come up with it, and you may very well be right. But I didn't. You did. So I said it's worth an iPad or an iPhone. Do you want either one of those? You can have an iPhone 6 or an iPad Air 2. You name it. Which do you want? You don't have to take either.
CALLER: iPad Air 2. I really appreciate that. I didn't expect that at all. An iPad Air 2 would be great.
RUSH: IPad Air 2. Yeah, this is cool. This is state-of-the-art. It looks the same as the iPad it's replacing, but it's nowhere near like it. It's much more powerful, and you'll like it. So if you hang on here, we'll get it out you had to today. You'll have it tomorrow. Need your address so Snerdley can get it for the FedEx label.
CALLER: That is so great.
RUSH: You bet.
CALLER: That is so great. The only problem is, I called my wife at home to tell her to listen, and now I can't pawn it off as a Christmas gift for her 'cause she's gonna know it came from you. (laughing)
RUSH: (laughing) Ah, life's problems, life's problems.
CALLER: It's a good problem to have, my friend!
RUSH: Try 1-800-Flowers.com. See how that works. There's any number of things.
END TRANSCRIPT

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...cted_democrats