Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

S 1644 CSPAN 2 Now!!!!!!

The Homeland Security Funding Bill H. R. 2638 is now call S1644. The Senate is on the floor now. Can some of you help me scan this bill to make sure they didn't sneak anything in it while we were sleeping. Thanks.

Cornyn is on the floor.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm looking it over in between calls to senators.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

thanks Zeezil.

Reid is on the floor. Said he and Cornyn talked last night and he will consider Graham amendment now.

Can I get a sticky on this. Looks like it's going to get hot.

REPORT:
    There are 143 senate amendments that have been filed on this bill (H.R. 2638/S. 1644). A whopping 73 of these have not had their content or titles released yet , they are currently listed as "Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration."

Correction: 51 of the 143 total amendments are House of Rep amendments. There are 92 Senate amendments of which 73 are currently untitled but filed.

Just watching now, Senator Jim DeMint speaking on the floor. He has amendment being offered

2482 is one amendment, the other number about security I did not get
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Here's an emendment that I would like to see passed:

S.AMDT.2449 to H.R.2638 To set aside $75,000,000 of the funds appropriated for training, exercise, technical assistance, and other programs under the heading State and local programs for training consistent with section 287(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
    Sponsor: Sen Dole, Elizabeth [NC] (introduced 7/25/2007) Cosponsors (None)
    Latest Major Action: 7/25/2007 Senate amendment proposed (on the floor)

Thanks, Zeezil. We need to really pay attention to each amendment as they are brought to the floor.

I'm doing emails and calls, too, so if anyone else wants to help post what the floor is saying, jump right in.

DeMint is offering amendments right now. These are good amendments I think.

Seems to have momentum for passage - should we call our senators?

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I think they are going to bring up Dole's amendment this morning. She said last night that there is nothing in the bill that says Chertoff has to spend that money on 287 (g).

It wouldn't hurt, Georgia. I've been calling and emailing to tell them all that I won't stand for anything with amnesty in it. Just to warn them.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast