Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JRB

Sailor with Illegal Immigrant Wife

This is a tough one to discuss being I was in the Navy. I just saw on CNN where a US Navy Petty Officer has an Illegal Immigrant Wife that is in Jeprody of being Deported as soon as next summer. My first reaction was help out the guy but on the other hand lets not play stupid here. He was in full awarness of his Wifes Immigration Status when he married her. If I were his Commanding Officer I would tell him that he could be released from Duty so as to deal with the problems he and his Wife are facing. I was a little taken back by the whole episode but I still dont understand if he is a Legal Citizen of the United States and married her doesn't that make her a Citizen by Marriage? What do you think????

I thought that too. I guess it is not so. There is one GI who was killed in the line of duty that was married to an illegal. She was deported also.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

He is a legal citizen and so is their son. She came into the country illegally with her parents when she was five. He knew she was illegal. He should also pay the consequences for making that choice. I'm tired of the sob stories. We'll have a rash of people marrying our military to get into the states and become citizens. Her story is different from that. Once we say waive this, waive that, it opens the door to fraud and deceit to our military guys.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was in the Navy and so was my husband. Just because he's in the military doesn't mean he shouldn't have to follow the law! He should get in trouble and she should be deported. Anyone in the Navy knows the rules on marrying foreigners.

Re: Sailor with Illegal Immigrant Wife

Quote Originally Posted by JRB
    This is a tough one to discuss being I was in the Navy. I just saw on CNN where a US Navy Petty Officer has an Illegal Immigrant Wife that is in Jeprody of being Deported as soon as next summer. My first reaction was help out the guy but on the other hand lets not play stupid here. He was in full awarness of his Wifes Immigration Status when he married her. If I were his Commanding Officer I would tell him that he could be released from Duty so as to deal with the problems he and his Wife are facing. I was a little taken back by the whole episode but I still dont understand if he is a Legal Citizen of the United States and married her doesn't that make her a Citizen by Marriage? What do you think????
    ok, this is how it works. If they were engaged, he just needs to apply for a fiance visa. Since they are married, she needs to go back to her own country and he needs to sponsor his wife (this can take up to 5 years). If she was in the country legally, he could have filed for a status adjustment, but if she was here illegally for even 1 day, that option is no longer open.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry,no sympathy here.They rolled the dice,they took their chances.They knew this was a risk,they took it anyway.
    Another case of not wanting to be held accountable for ones actions.

Rawhide!

dk2
    Let me ask this question. If his wife was selling cocaine to school children, should she be held acccountable?

Laws are laws!
    "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --Bush

I am curious, what is the penalty for aiding and abetting a criminal?

JRB

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    ok, this is how it works. If they were engaged, he just needs to apply for a fiance visa. Since they are married, she needs to go back to her own country and he needs to sponsor his wife (this can take up to 5 years). If she was in the country legally, he could have filed for a status adjustment, but if she was here illegally for even 1 day, that option is no longer open.
    Cayla99,
    Thanks for the info. I am totally with all you on this. Its time people start to understand that if you break the law dont come crying to me. Everyone has a sad story but when it comes to the law thats where the buck stops. Now we need to get the ACLU's head out of there Backside long enough to let DHS do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    That last part is not necessarily true. There's tons of people around my neighborhood that entered with a tourist visa, overstayed, and still adjusted their status by getting married.

Just two months ago, I was invited to the wedding of a Colombian illegal and an American citizen who was filing for her adjustment of status. It's still possible. People do it all the time around here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast