Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sallie Mae: Outsourcing to India

I just got a bill from Sallie Mae claiming that I must pay and that I am not enrolled in school currently (an error). I called to get it taken care of an got a guy named 'adam'. Adam had a thick accent so I asked if he was from India. He said "Yes I am". He then transferred me to his supervisor "Martin". Martin told me he would transfer me to the USA.

When I reached the USA office I got a guy named "Rick". I told Rick how angry I was that Sallie Mae, a US Gov't funded company, was outsourcing call-centers to India and that as an American I was not comfortable talking to a foreigner about my financial information. Rick told me "Well foreign students don't like talking to Americans, we are an international company."

wtf? Sallie Mae = Champions of Corrupt Business and Government, not Champions of Higher Education.

I would email Neal Cavuto at Fox News about this. He's the business host and talks about mortgages, etc. all the time. It would be interesting to see his take on it and get it out to the general public. Do you think our representatives phones would ring off the hook again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My biggest complaint is that a lot of students look for work, but can never find jobs here in the USA that work around their school schedule. And then companies like Sallie Mae that make billions off of government subsidized loans outsource jobs that WOULD work around students school schedules to other countries.

I just making a post so I can follow this.
    I have 3 kids with loans and get a lot of Sallie Mac mail here!
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Let me remind you people this is a governmental organization

Let me remind you people this is a governmental organization

Freddy Mac
    Fanny Mae

The government uses our funds to run these organizations ... it's time to go after them
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gosh I am still scratching my head. Why does our own government hate our culture and our citizens so bad. Nothing makes sense. You would think that somebody in Washington would have sleepless nights over what they are doing to us.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Sallie Mae is listed as a corporate program supporter of La Raza:

NCLR depends on our corporate partners for a variety of programmatic support in areas such as Education, Community Development, Health, Youth Leadership Development, Civil Rights and Advocacy, Workforce Development, and Affiliate Member Services.
    Youth Leadership Development
    The Allstate Corporation
    Exxon Mobil Corporation
    GEICO
    Marriott International, Inc.
    MBNA Corporation
    Sallie Mae
    Sodexho, Inc.
    Sprint Nextel Corporation
    U.S. Marine Corps

http://www.nclr.org/section/corporate_p ... upporters/
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner