Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sanctuary Cities, USA list updated

ALIPACers,

The Sanctuary Cities list has been updated. You can view it here if you want: http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp

More and better info has been added and will continue to be added. It is a tool you can use in your advocacy.

Thanks to volunteers on the ground in many cities around the US, we are gathering helpful intelligence to identify new cities and verify those which some cities dispute.

The list has been helpful in mobilizing citizens to fight sanctuary policies all over the U.S. Those efforts appear to be gaining strength daily.

FYI--Chelsea, Mass was added today. They recently passed a Sanctuary Resolution.

Also, Portland, Oregon claimed they are not a sanctuary city but I verified they were listed by the CRS as one in 2006. They have also not responded to my requst to forward a copy of a cityh policy that shows that they notify ICE when then have contact with illegals. The mayor has also criticized ICE raids recently. Until I see some evidence to the contrary, Portland remains on the list.

If you live in one of the disputed cities, feel free to submit any evidence one way or another so I can make a final determination.

If you know of a city with a sanctuary policy not on the list, please submit with some hard evidence.

Thanks!

Steve

PS: I also added a "city watch list section" for cities considering official sanctuary policies. This will help local people identify and fight the policies before they go into effect.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Thank you for all the hard work and time that go into making these lists.I found out from your site that my county is a "sanctuary".I am almost certain NO ONE else in my county knows this,the residents anyway.Thanks again.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

Steve: Thanks for the list and hard work.

Let me confirm Portland for you - yes, still is in place. When the mayor writes an editorial expressing his sympathy for, and disinterest in cooperating with Federal law enforcement to deal with the illegal alien population here, well, yep - oh yeah, we're a 'sanctuary city' alright.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Steve. Keep up the good work. I also like reviewing the facts posted on your site.

Glad it is helpful. Thanks for everyone's contributions.

The list will continue to evolve and will hopefully become an even more valuable advocay tool.

It is activating new citizen activists in towns, cities, counties, states, all over the US. No sign of stopping, just growing.

Expect many battles over sanctuary city policies in the end of 2007 and 2008. The changes will be in our favor--and many more strict reporting policies drafed by cities regarding the reporting of illegals to ICE.

Steve
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org