Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Heh, Biden is very much against Reid then? Reid wants Amnesty.

But the media won't follow up on this of course.
    You shall not stand idly by your brother's blood. (Leviticus 19:16)

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    JRhino, nice song, and a great message. I love it.

Okay, back to the tax thing...is the tax cut based on someone's net or gross? Personally, I don't think that the tax cut should be removed because those are the people that are spurring the economy, and that is part of the reason that our economy is as good as it is right now. Even with rates creeping up, we have had a good run with the housing market and unemployment too. I do think that middle America gets the short end of the stick generally speaking. Not rich enough to be too comfortable and not poor enough to get freebies. We end up paying for everything. Our government has a lot of pork in the budget, they should just reallocate it to things we REALLY need it for. Any thoughts on the Fair Tax Act?
    If I understand it correctly, this would allow tax avoiders to pay their fair share.
    http://www.fairtaxvolunteer.org/pdf/...ct_Summary.pdf
    I would kind of like to know where you got the idea that our economy is in good shape?
    The Dow Jones and Nasdaq only reflect that rich people are indeed getting richer. Unemployment figures are down because like me, millions of us are off the radar. When benefits are over you aren't even a statistic any longer. I have a college education and I worked 20+ years in excavating too so I am not afraid of work and I can not find a job anywhere. I am willing to work for the wages in bush's America because I have no alternative but there is no jobs. I am willing to load and unload trucks, stock shelves whatever it takes to pay my bills, but there just are not any jobs.
    I live in the 12th largest city in America. Sunday there was 3 pages in the help wanted section for telemarketers and such. It use to be 10-15 pages of all kinds of work.
    There is no construction work, no manufacturing, nothing that pays more than $8 an hr.
    Explain to me how our economy is good.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Crockettsghost is right it was Kennedy who started this whole mess. He promised at the time that demographics would not be changed. There was a Republican at that time who said that he was afraid that these new immigrants would not have the traditional American sense of fair play. He was ridiculed for saying that. Wish I could remember his name.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234