Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Sen. Dorgan (D-ND) for president in 2008?

Okay, several of us have had a discussion spanning the last few days regarding "our" best option for president in 2008. The list included names like Pat Buchanan (Independent), Sen. Sessions (R-AL), Rep. Tancredo (R-AZ), Rep. Hunter (R-CA), Rep. Poe (R-TX), etc. If I remember correctly, with the exception of P. Buchanan, all those suggested were Republicans.

Now, I know there are slim pickins (not the actor) on the Democrat side, but wouldn't it be wise to cover both bases. In other words, wouldn't we rather have a choice between Sen. R. Byrd (D-WV) and Rep. Tancredo (R-AZ) instead of Sen. H. Clinton (D-NY) and Sen. J. McCain (R-AZ)? Obviously Sen. Byrd, while tough on illegal immigration, is too old. If we were forced to vote on a Democrat in 2008, who would we vote for?

I would suggest Sen. Dorgan (D-ND). He's far from perfect and is worse than a lot of Republicans on the immigration issue, but if left with a choice of him or Sen. John McCain, I'd vote for Dorgan. Sen. Dorgan voted against S. 2611, NAFTA and CAFTA. I believe his immigration grade is a "C," but if left with a choice between McCain, Rudy Guiliano, Clinton, or Dorgan - I'd vote Dorgan every time. What say the rest of you? Should we email Sen. Dorgan and request he consider running for president in 2008 or can you find another choice among the Democrats? We need to cover all our bases!

Sen. Dorgan is big on "fair" trade vice "free" trade and has real issues with the outsourcing of American jobs. Sen. Dorgan's email and other info:

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/cgi-b ... R&site=ctc

For the record, I'm a registered Republican.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Out of all of the Democrats, he's the only one I might be able to take seriously.

It would be good to hear what he thinks about all of this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not I.

He's ok with human cloning
    and

21st century "community learning centers"
    national {United Nations} school standards
    NO on vouchers
    NO on educational savings accounts
    NEA LOVESSSSS the guy
    this guy's every Teacher's Union member's dream

ACLU gives him a hefty 40% favor......not too shabby considering their "requirements"

likes affirmative action WITH fed funding

YES on killing the trade sanctions on CHINA FOR SELLING WEAPONS

YES on allowing some lobbyist gifts to Congress.

NO on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity

YES on banning "soft money" contributions and restricting issue ads.
    {Guess he either doesn't know the Constitution or doesn't give a flying fig about the 1st Amendment}

NO on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration.
    {American's precious right to vote is not quite so important to the good Senator.}

I'd say the guy has some issues that need to be worked out.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Not I.

He's ok with human cloning
    and

21st century "community learning centers"
    national {United Nations} school standards
    NO on vouchers
    NO on educational savings accounts
    NEA LOVESSSSS the guy
    this guy's every Teacher's Union member's dream

ACLU gives him a hefty 40% favor......not too shabby considering their "requirements"

likes affirmative action WITH fed funding

YES on killing the trade sanctions on CHINA FOR SELLING WEAPONS

YES on allowing some lobbyist gifts to Congress.

NO on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity

YES on banning "soft money" contributions and restricting issue ads.
    {Guess he either doesn't know the Constitution or doesn't give a flying fig about the 1st Amendment}

NO on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration.
    {American's precious right to vote is not quite so important to the good Senator.}

I'd say the guy has some issues that need to be worked out.
    Okay, may we please hear your choice for the Democratic nomination in 2008? It's easy to poo-hoo someone elses selection, but it's another story all together when you fail to offer your own suggestion. Heck, I could probably find a lot of things wrong with each and ever Democrat, but that doesn't erase the fact that ONE will receive the party nomination! Who is your choice??????

Unfortunately the reality of the situation is, there will be more than one person running for president in 2008. All I'm asking is to hear your Democrat choice - come on make the tough choice.

I stand by my position, I would vote Sen. Dorgan before McCain or Guilliano(sp?)! That is a fairly strong statement when you consider the fact that I've been voting Republican for over 25 years. Hey, finding your cake and eating it too is almost an impossible feat considering the Democrat options available.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, I believe you've already read my posts concerning this subject and already are aware that I've been mulling this over for some time now as have some others.

So that anyone reading this post understands my "personal" stance:
    ** anyone in either house of congress who doesn't believe that it's important to have Voters use ID/proof of citizenship to protect the integrity of the American vote --- is nixed on my list.

** anyone in either house of congress who doesn't believe that it's vital
    to prevent China from selling WEAPONS --- is nixed on my list.

It's my personal belief that the above are of vital importance to our future.
    China is involved in the NASCO SUPERHIGHWAY and our PORTS and is our Enemy. Congress has continually given China more and more ammunition to damage the American people.

As for me, I'm not looking for a perfect person but I am looking for someone who values the US Constitution and American Sovereignty as well as Fair Trade. If and when you find a Dem who fits that description, I'll be more than happy to consider him or her.

my 2 cents

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

MW, I believe you've already read my posts concerning this subject and already are aware that I've been mulling this over for some time now as have some others.

So that anyone reading this post understands my "personal" stance:
    ** anyone in either house of congress who doesn't believe that it's important to have Voters use ID/proof of citizenship to protect the integrity of the American vote --- is nixed on my list.

** anyone in either house of congress who doesn't believe that it's vital
    to prevent China from selling WEAPONS --- is nixed on my list.

It's my personal belief that the above are of vital importance to our future.
    China is involved in the NASCO SUPERHIGHWAY and our PORTS and is our Enemy. Congress has continually given China more and more ammunition to damage the American people.

As for me, I'm not looking for a perfect person but I am looking for someone who values the US Constitution and American Sovereignty as well as Fair Trade. If and when you find a Dem who fits that description, I'll be more than happy to consider him or her.
    .......and again I ask, which Democrat is YOUR choice? Please, just answer the question. It's easy to find things to criticize in others, but it gets a lot tougher when you're called upon to make a choice. Please, I'm waiting for you to make the tough choice. Someone has to receive the Democrat nomination, who is your choice (that was the purpose of this thread)?

Is it fair to criticize my choice without making one of your own? Shouldn't I get the courtesy of evaluating your choice?

We're all in this together and must evaluate all angles of the issue. Unfortunately a Democrat will run for president in 2008 -- who would we like that person to be? I think that is a fair question that should receive serious consideration because I prefer not to put all my eggs in one basket, especially when John McCain is carrying the basket!

Just a minor point MW

Tancredo does NOT represent Arizona. He does however represent Colorado. I know its easy for you folks back east to get the two confused, seeing as both are in "fly-over country" and look stark & barren to your eyes, but we are two different states.

I dunno about Dorgan yet, since I've not heard of him before.
    Knowledge is Power Power corrupts Study hard Be Evil

MW
    Sindawe wrote:

Tancredo does NOT represent Arizona.
    I knew that, sorry temporary brain fart (happens to the best of us on occasion).