Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't think it will pass, but if it does, it won't pass in the House. Mostly, I don't think it will pass because it's so complicated and then they try to put these amendments on, and nobody really knows WHAT the bill really says, anyway.

Yes, they KNOW how we feel, but they ignore it, thinking that it's "good" for us to have illegal aliens in our midst. They think they know better, because they are sitting pretty in some gated community, while our neighborhoods are torn apart.

Bastards.

Don't give up, longcut. The others are right about the House--it's unlikely the bill will make it out of there, particularly if we put the same pressure on them as has been applied to the Senate. We have some of our strongest allies in the House. I've already got my focus list prepared for if we have to take the battle there.

I don't post a lot on the forum, but I've been on this issue for several years. We cannot give up--our efforts ARE making a difference. I visited my Senators' offices last week, and although they both voted in favor of this terrible legislation---one did vote for Vitter, however----a staff member in one of the offices told us that we HAVE to keep on these people-- that it is having an impact. I got the distinct feeling that one of our senators is actually on the fence--maybe amenable to change and is gauging public sentiment on the legislation. I'm focusing a lot of effort on him and others like him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12