Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It was senator Baca's real ID amendment...dont know much more about it
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

Citizen, the Baucus amendment from what I understand has something to do with the Real ID Act. Maybe someone else will post more on it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can someone give me a quick update? I am just arriving now!

I have heard we have a few senators that are going to vote no on cloture tomorrow and more are leaning towards cloture.

What about some of these ammendments that were critical that could sway senators?

Thanks.

Tomorrow at 9 or 10 a.m. is one of the Cloture votes. If this Cloture vote to end debate doesn't get enough support, the bill dies again. Sessions seems to think the support for this bill is eroding and the vote will be razor thin. But you can bet unless we change a few more minds, Kennedy will be right at the voting table as usual twisting last minute arms.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You know, come to think of it, what happened to the rest of the 27 amendments? I know they couldn't have voted to table all those could they?

The one amendment that isn't being tabled is the Baucus amendment having to do with ID act. It still needs to be voted on to see if it is going to be in the bill before the Cloture vote.

Quote Originally Posted by htxpert
    Webb is up talking about his amendment
    Holy cow! Whats that on his head, road kill?

I think its one of those PETA Animals he protects...
    Illegals are Illegal..thats why we call them illegals.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Senator Thune is really good. He is stressing the validity of legal immigration in a very convincing way.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Citizen, the Baucus amendment from what I understand has something to do with the Real ID Act. Maybe someone else will post more on it.
    Here is a wire story I found ... BUT all I know is that they failed to "table" it ... there will be an up or down vote on it but I have no further information as of now.... here is the wire copy ....

The Senate refused to set aside an amendment by Montana Democrats Max Baucus and Jon Tester that would dilute requirements employers verify the identity of new workers.

The amendment that the Senate refused to table, by a 52-45 vote, would have deleted requirements that by 2013 employers insist upon an identification card that meets the specifications of the 2005 Real ID Act. That law gives states financial incentives to require a tamper-proof driver's license.

Baucus and Tester argued that, because more than a dozen states have opted out of the 2005 law, citizens of those states would be forced to obtain U.S. passports to get jobs.

FWIW, and there were no particulars:
    I just flipped over to Fox and heard Major Garrett say that there are at least four confirmed votes that will go from yes to no tomorrow. He didn't give names, but I'm sure a few have been mentioned here. There's reportedly a lot of anger among those whose amendments were dismissed. He said the bill is pretty much expected to die. I'm not going to let up on my phone attacks, though.

I think its one of those PETA Animals he protects...