Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senate Says Good News Coming Soon for Undocumented Students

Senate Says Good News Coming Soon for Undocumented Students
    Published August 05, 2011

Chicago – Sen. Richard Durbin said Friday that the Department of Homeland Security will soon have a relevant announcement on the long-stalled DREAM Act and the deporting of undocumented students.

Spanish-language daily HOY published on its Web site that the Illinois Democrat made the revelation at a meeting with the Chicago Tribune's editorial board, owner of the publication.

It said that Durbin, who has been a sponsor of the bill currently stalled in the Senate, said that at this time the wording of the announcement about the DREAM Act and deportations is being worked on.

The senator mentioned no dates, but said it will be soon, HOY said.

"I believe that if students are eligible for the DREAM Act, they should not be the target of deportations," the senator told reporters, adding that in a short time the Department of Homeland Security will make a very positive announcement in that regard.

"I've been working with the president (Barack Obama) and with (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano on that aspect", the senator was cited by HOY as saying.

He gave no details about the possible announcement, but groups that defend undocumented immigrants have demanded that Obama use his executive powers to stop deportations, particularly of young people who could benefit from the DREAM Act.

Obama was in Chicago on Wednesday for a combination 50th birthday party/star-studded fundraiser, an occasion at which he was applauded by the 2,500 guests when he said, ""We are a nation of immigrants. We want to welcome extraordinary talent to our shores and have a legal immigration system that works for everybody."

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2 ... z1UCG0iuhd
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Like I said "Damage control!" here we go again!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    @#$%&#$&(

Better send this to your Congressman and Senator. It is called administrative amnesty and it is ILLEGAL.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    Better send this to your Congressman and Senator. It is called administrative amnesty and it is ILLEGAL.
    That doesnt seem to be a roadblock for this administration! I think Obama studied Constitutional law,just to figure a way around it

Banned
    I hope this "good news" will be coming from a bullhorn, as they are loading buses.

"You will be getting free education in your HOME COUNTRIES."

Be Gone!

wishful thinking, I know

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    I hope this "good news" will be coming from a bullhorn, as they are loading buses.

"You will be getting free education in your HOME COUNTRIES."

Be Gone!

wishful thinking, I know
    Now THAT would be good news!!

I'm sick and tired of our government working overtime to aid and abet criminals! It seems as if this is all they spend their time on!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I'm sick and tired of our government working overtime to aid and abet criminals! It seems as if this is all they spend their time on!
    It sure does! They better start coming up with some "good news" for the American citizens or they're gonna find their a---s without a job come election time!

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingcitizen
    @#$%&#$&(
    I second that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast