Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Chuck Schumer's Distortion: 'Immigration Creates Job

Senator Chuck Schumer's Distortion: 'Immigration Creates Jobs'
    Published: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 2:41 PM
    By The Jersey Journal

By JOE GUZZARDI
    CAGLE CARTOONS

When it comes to what Democrats call comprehensive immigration reform, Senator Chuck Schumer lives in his own little world.

Schumer, obsessed with passing an immigration bill that would grant amnesty to more than 10 million illegal aliens, has a new wrinkle he hopes will fool an American public that has for more than a decade rejected rewarding law breakers.

According to Schumer, immigration creates jobs. He recently stated "We [his Senate allies] decided we ought to start highlighting the fact that immigration creates jobs rather than takes them away."

Schumer, the Senate's third ranking member and the Chairman of the Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security held a hearing Tuesday titled "The Economic Imperative for Enacting Immigration Reform" with the typical witness list that included only those who support more immigration.

With the Obama administration's all-consuming emphasis on the economy and the pathetic employment reports, Schumer would like to portray immigration, especially through H-1B visas for so called high skilled workers, as vital to job growth.

On at least two counts, Schumer is whistling past the graveyard. First, even though Schumer claims that the immigration talks "are not dead," they could not be deader. The enforcement-minded House is solidly opposed to amnesty. And any bill that might come out of Schumer's committee would also have the tough, if not impossible, task of getting Senate approval.

Second, immigration doesn't create jobs; it takes them. Recent immigrants either need jobs or social services to survive. The U.S. unemployment rate is 9.2 percent. Cities and states are broke and cannot afford to dole out more welfare benefits.

My compassion is for unemployed Americans, those who would obviously be displaced by recently arrived immigrants.

While immigration does in some sense grow the economy—more people equal a bigger economy— a decade of high immigration has hurt American workers. Every year for the last decade, the federal government has issued over one million permanent green cards. As a result of that largess, fewer native-born workers were employed in 2010 than in 2000. The net employment gains went to foreign-born.

For native employment to return to its 2000 level, 12 million jobs would have to be created. Considering that, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' June analysis, the economy created only 18,000 new jobs. So, at this rate, getting to 12 million would take several lifetimes. Even the liberal, global policy think tank RAND confirms that there is no work shortage in Schumer's area of keenest interest, the science, technical, mathematical and engineering fields.

Schumer and his cry wolf strategy is doomed. His job shortage claims and similar appeals based on the unproven theory that the nation needs more immigration were non-starters during the two booming George W. Bush administrations. With the nation in the grips of the greatest jobs crisis since Franklin Delano Roosevelt, why isn't Schumer more concerned with the millions of unemployed Americans?

For Schumer to hold rigged hearings designed to deceive the public about immigration as a solution to unemployment when the country has so many more pressing problems represents dereliction of his sworn duties. Schumer's responsibility is to work on behalf of all the American people and not just special interest groups.

Unfortunately, Schumer is simply conducting business as usual on Capitol Hill.
    --------------------
    Guzzardi, a Californians for Population Stabilization Senior Writing Fellow has been writing syndicated editorials about immigration and other social issues since 1986. Contact him at joeguzzardi@capsweb.org

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index.s ... stort.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Dont know what world he is living in.They take away jobs from Real AMRICANS.If illegals create jobs why raise taxes just bring in more illegals.Dumbest thing i have seen or read.

illegals must leave

We must elect rational individuals. We do not need irrational individuals like Shumer, Obama, Reid, Pelosi and so on. Illegals must not stay in our country. We must never grant amnesty to those individuals who do not obey our immigration laws. If they are here illegally, they must be deported. That is what a rational inidividual should think.

Please email and call Mr. Schumer!

https://schumer.senate.gov/Contact/contact_chuck.cfm
    Local offices:

Washington D.C.
    322 Hart Senate Office
    Building
    Washington D.C. 20510
    Phone: 202-224-6542
    Fax: 202-228-3027
    TTD: 202-224-0420

New York City
    757 Third Avenue
    Suite 17-02
    New York, NY 10017
    Phone: 212-486-4430
    Fax: 212-486-7693
    TDD: 212-486-7803

Albany
    Leo O'Brien Building
    Room 420
    Albany, NY 12207
    Phone: 518-431-4070
    Fax: 518-431-4076

Binghamton
    15 Henry Street
    Room M103
    Binghamton, NY 13901
    Phone: 607-772-6792
    Fax: 607-772-8124

Buffalo
    130 South Elmwood Avenue
    Buffalo, NY 14202
    Phone: 716-846-4111
    Fax: 716-846-4113

Hudson Valley
    One Park Place, Suite 100
    Peekskill, NY 10566
    Phone: 914-734-1532
    Fax: 914-734-1673

Long Island
    145 Pine Lawn Road #300
    Melville, NY 11747
    hone: 631-753-0978
    Fax: 631-753-0997

Rochester
    100 State Street, Room 3040
    Rochester, NY 14614
    Phone: 585-263-5866
    Fax: 585-263-3173

Syracuse
    100 South Clinton Street
    Room 841
    Syracuse, NY 13261-7318
    Phone: 315-423-5471
    Fax: 315-423-5185

My email to Senator Schumer!

Senator Chuck Schumer said "Immigration Creates Jobs"

"Yes Mr.Schumer it creates jobs for more illegal immigrants"
    This used to be my son and I full time employment! Not anymore! Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHfUwBvi ... re=related
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This video was posted Aug. 14, 2008 I posted it on Alipac Sep. 2010 it only had 63 views when I posted it, Thanks! johnlouisville!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Since the illegals voted for Senator Schumer in the last election I guess you could say they helped create one job namely Schumer's. Is that why he supports amnesty?