Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Contact Log

Update 03/13/06 Hi all, A new activist work week begins. Maybe it would be useful and motivational to post our contact with ANY Senators here, or post THEIR positions as you know them from any recent news articles.

Thanks, Sylvia
    original post:
    Hi All, I'm sure we have someone from every state here on Alipac. could I ask you please to post here whatever responses you are getting from your senators? I have been stonewalled more than usual this week, even by the aids of Senators with good to excellent voting records on Border Control, Interior Enforcement and etc.

Could you try to find out WHAT BILL they are intending to support? Or even ask generally what their stances are in illegal immigration? I'm sure you know the position of your Senators from experience.

This week, I was asked immediately if I was from the state of the Senator I was calling, whereas last week I was not asked as much.

HERE IS THIS WEEKS PHONE REPORT:

ACCORDING TO WHAT AIDS FOR THE SENATORS TOLD ME THIS WEEK;
    Definitely Will Not Support a Guestworker program

Jeff Sessions-AL - Aid says Senator will not accept any guestworker program for illegals already here in the country.

Saxby Chamblis-GA - Aid says Senator is against guestworker programs. (this is what the aid said, in spite of the fact that the Senator is the sponsor of agricultural bill S2087)

John Ensign-NV - Aid says the Senator thinks illegals should NOT be rewarded.

Orin Hatch-UT - On one call, the aid seemed anxious to say Senator is AGAINST amnesty and will not support a guestworker program. On another call, a different aid told me the Senator might support a guestworker program if it does not abuse the system.

DEFINITE MAYBES

Charles Grassley-IA - Aid was anxious to say the Senator was NOT for amnesty but willnot comment on the guestworker program.

I'm getting so many "don't know" answers that it is maddening. Some would say they were connecting me to the aid who handles that issue, but invaraibly I was sent to a message machine.

I have felt STONEWALLED this week on my calling, more so than last week.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

With pleasure DcSA.

DEFINITELY WILL SUPPORT GUESTWORKER:

Richard Burr, NC.....Letter received; co-sponsor of S. 1438 introduced by Cornyn & Kyl, will extablish new "W" temporary worker visa, replacing the H-2B visa category. New visa would allow aliens to work in US for 2 years before "requiring" them to go home for 1 year. Cycle to continue for no more than 6 years work in US.

He forgot to mention who would support the "W's" families while they're here and for the year they're in their home country-at least the 2 that decide to go!

He was quoted on local radio yesterday as saying it will take years for immigration reform. Time to get off the pot Dickie and HELP THE CITIZENS OF NC WHO PUT YOU WHERE YOU ARE.

BTW, on response from Do-Nothing Dole.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/del ... istrict=OR

WWW.americansforbetterimmigration
    well anyway you can go to theirs site and find out what the report card for your state is -

Re: Please Log your Senators' Positions

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    I have felt STONEWALLED this week on my calling, more so than last week.
    That means the ones who stonewall you probably support some type of amnesty. Either the McCain Kennedy amnesty or the Bush amnesty.

Republican Senator Hatch of Utah "voted in committee to reward illegal aliens with in-state tuition and amnesty in 2003," "cosponsored bill to reward illegal aliens with in-state tuition and amnesty in 2003-2004," "cosponsored bill to create an amnesty for illegal agricultural workers in 2003-2004," and "supported [an] illegal alien in-state tuition and amnesty bill in 2002."
    http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=811

To All

Thank You for your responses. I had already recorded all of the Senators GRADES at the Better Immigration site. And I know I can get the Official Stance on their websites. I am now working on adding this information to the Senator Phone Book.

So what I would like to add to our collective information is the responses of Your Senators when YOU CALL or WRITE THEM. (like had-enuf's post) This will also let me know which state everyone is from so I can do some PM work with you, on Senators being particularly obtuse.

That Senator Hatch is laughable, isn't he? I saw his ABI rank when Tim Binh posted a good list of Senators up for reelection with LOW ABI rank.
    Hatch has a .45. HE IS ALSO CO-SPONSOR OF AN ag BILL. But his aids are ANXIOUS to put a spin on things and let you know Hatch is NOT for amnesty and possibly not for Guestworker programs either.

Thank you again for your responses and your reports on your Senators

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

slyvia - I am going to have work on this- because when I call - they couldnt wait to hang up - I wasnt rude - it was boredom and indiiference oozing from the other side. I doubted they even bothered to write down my comments-

ps it was gordon smith and ron wyden

Thank You for the information, Thelma. Yes, I know the feeling of:

they couldnt wait to hang up - I wasnt rude - it was boredom and indiiference oozing from the other side. I doubted they even bothered to write down my comments-
    One would expect the aids would be trained to at least SOUND INTERESTED!

There is such a difference when calling the ones up for re-election.

slyvia- you are the expert on this topic
    the aids I called didnt even want my phone number or any followup
    one of them said there were several bills on illegal immigration- which one???

this is obviously something that takes training or practice to do well.

HR4437 is the bill all the pro-illegals groups are so up in arms about. it has come over from the House to the Senate, and will be countered with a bill from the Senate.

Now, 03/02/06, the bill the Senate Judiciary Committee is looking at is a new Senate bill introcuced by Senator Spector. Its insanely pro-illegals. But don't worry, its not going anywhere and Spector knows it.

So you only have to know two bills right now, HR4437 and Spector's bill.

All you have to say is NO GUESTWORKER PROGRAM! WE WILL VOTE OUT ANYONE WHO VOTES FOR one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast