Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Menendez...racist?...criminal advocate?...jerk?

Received the following in an e-mail from FAIR:

Congress Takes Steps to Prevent Illegal Aliens from Receiving Tax Rebate Checks

Late last Thursday, the Senate passed an amended economic stimulus package with language that significantly limits the ability of illegal aliens to receive rebate checks. The vote to pass the bill came after days of debate over how to amend the legislation (H.R. 5140). Senate leaders finally compromised on a single amendment that had three components: (1) expanding eligibility for low-income seniors; (2) expanding eligibility for disabled veterans; and (3) significantly limiting the possibility that illegal aliens will receive checks. The Senate adopted this amendment on a 91-6 vote, and within minutes, the Senate passed the entire bill by an 81-16 vote. Later that evening, the House adopted the Senate language on a 380-34 vote. (Congress Daily, February 8, 200. The economic stimulus package now awaits the President's signature to become law.

The controversy over the economic stimulus package surfaced when it was discovered that the House version had several loopholes that allowed illegal aliens to receive tax rebate checks. First, the House bill allowed resident aliens who file tax returns using Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) to receive a rebate. Because the IRS does not take immigration status into account when issuing ITINs or determining resident alien status, this would have permitted illegal aliens filing with ITINs to be eligible for checks. Second, the House bill did not require the IRS to weed out false and fraudulent social security numbers before issuing rebate checks, allowing illegal aliens who file with such numbers to collect rebate checks.

The language adopted by the Senate, and eventually the House, requires taxpayers to have valid social security numbers to receive rebates and bars taxpayers who file with ITINs from receiving rebate checks. To determine the validity of a social security number, the IRS will be required to check the numbers against no-match information it already receives from the Social Security Administration to determine eligibility for the Earned Income Tax Credit.

While most observers agree that the amendment will not prevent every illegal alien from receiving a tax rebate under the stimulus package, Senators agreed that the language in the Senate bill tightens the process so that it is harder for the IRS to automatically issue checks to illegal aliens in the system. Not everyone was convinced, however, that making it harder for illegal aliens to receive tax rebates was a good move. At least one lawmaker, Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ), suggested that giving rebate checks to illegal aliens would help stimulate the economy. (Congress Daily, February 8, 200.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    What exactly is the problem with all these hispanics in our govt sticking up for illegals?

Have we screwed up that bad by electing these people that seem to
    have the interests of foreign nationals over Americans

Is it time to maybe just think twice before electing any hispanic to office?

I only know of one very patriotic hispanic and was a lawmaker in
    Idaho I believe

The rest seem to be all to ready to make this country mexico

Yeah right, give them some money to ship out of the country......about as dumb as a rock!! Let's send some to the guys in prison too. My dog needs a few bucks....how about him????

I live in Californian and I have vowed never to again vote for someone with a hispanic last name. I don't mean to sound racist and it is not that they are Hispanic, it's that they don't have the same agenda as I and most want to let illeglals into this country.

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    What exactly is the problem with all these hispanics in our govt sticking up for illegals?

Idaho I believe

It's true here in California, a large percentage of the elected hispanic politicians support and represent only hispanics and the illegal alien lawbreakers. They could care less if you happen to belong to another culture, or race, you don't matter!... And I'm offended by that. If it was the other way around, they would be filing lawsuits for dicrimination.

Banned
    One has to only look at Richardson , Martinez , Salazar, villareconquista , nuneoz and many others to understand that they are the enemy within

One of the worst is Luis Gutierrez in Ill ,

When you do get a good one they carp all over him

http://www.idahostatesman.com/392/story/81242.html

Banned
    I fully expect the opposition to label us racists and bigots
    over this thread , but of course they can't offer
    proof against it

The only thing that matters to most latino politicians
    is the latino community , they are no more Americans
    than Putin or Chavez

Idaho I believe

I agree!!! Unless I personally know them somehow, I will never vote for them ever again as well!! Ken Salazar, Menendez, Mel Martinez, Antonio Villarosa, Fabian Nunez, Luis Guitterez, Gil Cedillo, etc.-----are all PERFECT examples of this!!! They are more concerned about one group of people----who shouldn't even be in our country---- than they are ALL citizens of the US and our country as a whole. I bet all of them would have a totally different attitude if the majority of illegals were coming from Canada, Ireland, Africa, China, etc.!!!!!

One has to only look at Richardson , Martinez , Salazar, villareconquista , nuneoz and many others to understand that they are the enemy within

One of the worst is Luis Gutierrez in Ill ,

When you do get a good one they carp all over him

http://www.idahostatesman.com/392/story/81242.html
    Wait till these hispanic traitors take over every city in the U.S. ... Life is going to be hell for our children and grandchildren! If fact they won't have much of a life anymore because it will be a third world cesspool with nothing but poverty and crime everywhere!

Banned
    This is a really slippery slope of a thread but unless we take our head out of the sand and start to admit this is happening , we don't have a chance

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast