Because of a secheduling conflict, Senator Crapo could not attend the Post Falls, ID Tea Party, but he sent his closest aide, Jake Ball, to answer pre-arranged questions sent by the organizer.

Question 1:
Have you previously, or would you now, vote "yes" on a stand alone bill that makes English the official language of the United States?

Answer:
Yes. I have always supported and voted for efforts to make English the official language of the U.S. and, thereby, recognize the important role a common language plays in joining an otherwise diverse nation together. For example, on May 22, 2007, I voted in favor of an amendment offered by Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) to S.1348, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act, to declare English the national language of the United States. The Amendment passed, but Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) withdrew S.1348 from consideration after the Senate rejected and effort to move to a final vote on the legislation. I will continue to support proposals to make English the official language.

Question 2:
Families with mixed citizenship is a big part of our problem with illegal immigration. Would you vote "yes" on a bill to stop birthright citizenship to children born to illegal aliens in this country, or at least vote "yes" to stop the misinterpretation of that law?

Answer:
Yes. Legislation has been introduced to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to consider U.S. born children of foreign nationals not to be subject to the "jurisdiction" of the United States, and thus not entitled to citizenship via the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, unless at least one parent is a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident. I support and will vote for this legislation.

Question 3:
Almost 80% of the American people are opposed to any path to citizenship given to the illegal aliens who have broken our laws to come here, and according to a recent CNN/Opinion Research Survey, 73% of Americans want illegal immigration decreased in this country. Given these results, would you vote "yes" or "no" on an immigration reform bill that gives any kind of a path to citizenship to the illegal aliens in this country?

Answer:
I oppose any legislation that grants a benefit or advantage toward citizenship to those who break the law and enter the U.S. illegally, and would not support any kind of legislation that did not require illegal entrants to get in the back of the line and apply like everyone else.

Question 4:
Contrary to the laws passed in the Immigration Reform & Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, under the Obama administration new rules issued by the Department of Homeland Security states that simply being in the country illegally is not enough justification for deportation unless there has been a crime committed that does physical harm to another person. How do you feel about this?

Answer:
I strongly disagree with the Obama administration on this, and it is my position that illegal entry alone is grounds for deportation.

Jake Ball went on to comment on the uproar from the American people in 2007 and admitted that the message came through loud and clear when the Capitol Switchboard was shut down and email and faxes were jammed.