Video at source link.
~~~

Sunday, August 14, 2016 12:24 PM
By: Sandy Fitzgerald

GOP nominee Donald Trump's presidential campaign is far from over, and media reports that predict that it is over, are focusing too much on creating negative reports, Sen. Jeff Sessions said Sunday.

"I think he can still win and will have a very good chance of winning," the Alabama Republican, who is serving as Trump's foreign policy adviser, told ABC's "This Week" program. "That's because the issues are what the American people believe in, and he's right and they're right."

Sessions told ABC's Martha Raddatz her program had talked "nothing but negative on the Trump campaign," and that was the kind of thing that has made "mountains out of molehills."

Sessions said he has not read a story in The New York Times that reported Trump's nominees have been in a struggle to get the outspoken New Yorker to change his rhetoric, but he does believe in Trump's message.

"I think Donald Trump, when he's talking about trade, national security, protecting us from immigration and violence and terrorism, those kind of things he's correct on," Sessions said.

He did admit, though, that Trump has been "wrestling" with how to move forward now that his successful primaries are over.

"He was so exuberant," said Sessions. "He had a lot of fun in the primaries. He was charging away and he enjoyed that. It is a different thing to run a presidential election. You're dealing with a different constituency...He does need to communicate, and I think he can, more effectively."

Sessions also said that too much has been made over Trump's comments that he could only win in Pennsylvania if there is cheating going on.

"There is cheating in every election," said Sessions. "What he was saying is, it's going to be a very close election. He believes he's going to win Pennsylvania."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/jeff.../14/id/743526/