Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sick and Tired of Arizona

I want to say thank you to you all in this forum for listening to my concerns about illegal immigration. I moved to Arizona from Michigan and looking at the Phoenix area from a Michigander's point of view I can see how bad it really is. It is something that you really do need to witness in person in order to see just how bad it is.

The schools here are among some of the worst in the US. I literally received a letter from the school district where my daughter is enrolled explaining that the reason only 30% of children in the district passed the state test for the last three years is because of the "non-English" speakers. It is commonplace here in AZ for the government to frantically try to keep up with the influx and births of immigrant children by building a school on every corner and pour millions of dollars into teaching these kids English. However, it is not working at all considering that the schools are so overpopulated that it is not uncommon for there to be 30+ children in each class. When I take my daughter to school these kids are speaking Spanish even though the schools are spending so much money to teach them English. Not only do the schools concentrate on teaching the kids English, but they provide English classes for the parents as well in addition to interpreters being provided for parent-teacher conferences. Lastly, every letter that is sent home in my daughters bag just happens to be written in both English and Spanish even though the official language of AZ is English by law.

The staff in these schools are awful, I'm assuming because they do not have enough money to hire anyone worthwhile. I picked my six year old daughter up at the bus stop one day only to find that her teacher had sent her home on the bus with a 103 degree fever. Upon her getting off the bus the bus driver informed me that "there might be something wrong with her because she has been sleeping in the floor in class." Not only did this teacher know something was very wrong with my daughter and not bother to call myself or my husband, she didn't even bother to send her to the school nurse.

Many of the social services here in AZ have been frozen up due to the system being so weighed down. There is a waiting list for child care assistance in AZ that has not budged for the last two years. So if an American single parent here in AZ is making $8.00 an hour they will not be able to afford both the $800 a month child care bill and the other bills. Medicaid has been frozen up as well, an American man with leukemia was on the news a few weeks ago and AZ cut him off of medicaid just before he was able to get his bone marrow transplant. They cut this man with leukemia off of AZ medicaid while all of the immigrants and or their kids continue to stay on medicaid.

And of course there are the protests, the protesters being ignoramuses who feel that they should be able to go where they want and receive what they want regardless of their legal status. There are the immigrants everywhere we go who have an attitude of self entitlement for them and their children in addition to standing out from American society as loudly as they can. They hate Americans and they make it very clear with the nasty glares and loud Spanish talking. I am not even sure why they are here if they hate us so much.

I have fought with my husband on this issue since we have been here. I love my husband, but sometime he just doesn't have a lick of sense. His great grandparents came here from Mexico in the 1920s and he compares his family to this new breed of hispanic immigrants. He also has this idea in his head that if we secure the borders and give all of the illegals who are already here amnesty that it will all be good.

I have tried to explain to him that the immigrants who built this country are not the same ones who are destroying it. I have tried to explain that his great grandparents came at a time when there was no welfare to collect and they came with the sole intent of being part of American society, not with a "plan" like today's immigrants do. Heck, my great grandparent's came over from Ireland in the 1920s and the same went for them, they worked hard to run their Irish American restaurant and did not live off of the system. He still just doesn't get it, I swear he would hide all of the illegals in our closet if he could and he doesn't even speak Spanish.

I have made arrangements to move to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan next year where there are hardly any immigrants. I have made these arrangements because I can take witnessing such atrocities anymore. Also, I feel that our daughter deserves to attend a school where the majority of kids speak English and can pass the state standards. That is all for now, I will keep you all posted on what else happens. Thank you for reading this.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

A sad commentary,indeed.Things could be worse,you and your family could be stuck in California!

I know, at least some of our government officials here in AZ are trying. The problem is every time they try to do something the federal government wants to stop them from doing their job!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"

So sorry to hear this, tho it just confirms the stories we hear or suspect. The continuation of the invasion will truly result in the destruction of the U.S., if it is not stopped.

Two things you said are the most disconcerting to me:
    1. The sense of entitlement of the illegal invaders. It makes me so sick and angry, and the pro-amnesty aiders and abettors just feed them this BS.

2. Your husband's attitude - it almost makes me wonder if that attitude is somehow genetic...?! even after many generations. That is frightening. Do you think he would feel the same if the illegal invaders were mostly South Africans, or Haitans speaking creole, or maybe Russian? Do you think he cares more about his ethnic heritage, even after 90 years and multiple generations, than the country of which he is a citizen, and which he chooses to continue to live?
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Banned
    It sure isn't any better here in Vegas

You would have to be nuts to let your kids go to a public school here

Same is true here in Illinois. They don't call our town of Waukegan "Juankegan" for nothing. The illegals here have the nerve to go from one food pantry to another complaining about the lack of "their" brands.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    So sorry to hear this, tho it just confirms the stories we hear or suspect. The continuation of the invasion will truly result in the destruction of the U.S., if it is not stopped.

Two things you said are the most disconcerting to me:
    1. The sense of entitlement of the illegal invaders. It makes me so sick and angry, and the pro-amnesty aiders and abettors just feed them this BS.

2. Your husband's attitude - it almost makes me wonder if that attitude is somehow genetic...?! even after many generations. That is frightening. Do you think he would feel the same if the illegal invaders were mostly South Africans, or Haitans speaking creole, or maybe Russian? Do you think he cares more about his ethnic heritage, even after 90 years and multiple generations, than the country of which he is a citizen, and which he chooses to continue to live?
    Makes no difference to him what kind of immigrant they are, he likes the russian immigrants that come into his job too, even the ones that he jokes about being part of the mob. I can't see why he would approve of such behavior, he is a hard working man and pays taxes into the system. In addition to that, he is a veteran and has served his country. I know his ethnic heritage from long ago is from Mexico, but it is crazy that a citizen of this country would feel that way. My great grandparents came from Ireland, but you can bet that if it were a bunch of hoodlums from Ireland destroying our country and draining our tax dollars I would feel the same way.

Unfortunately my husband is very naive a lot of the time and you have to about beat him over the head with common sense. He compares this new generation of immigrants with his great grandparents and he doesn't seem to understand the generations are completely different. In the 1920s immigrants used to literally kiss the ground when they got here and there was no welfare system to collect off of, they had to be self supporting. They wanted to be American as they could be, work hard and learn English. However, as we know things have changed a lot since then, now they have a "plan" to hit the welfare office as soon as they get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    It sure isn't any better here in Vegas

You would have to be nuts to let your kids go to a public school here
    I've heard all about Vegas schools, in the 1980s my grandma took my brother with her to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Same is true here in Illinois. They don't call our town of Waukegan "Juankegan" for nothing. The illegals here have the nerve to go from one food pantry to another complaining about the lack of "their" brands.
    Good lord, as far north as Illinois?????????? I guess they are getting to where they don't mind the cold as much as they used to.....

They are everywhere now, everywhere. I live in the heartland, the midwest, in a state that is mostly small town, rural America, in Nebraska. There has been an invasion of this state now for the past ten or fifteen years. Mostly it started because illegal aliens were recruited by illegal employers to work in the meat-packing plants. No state is free of this invasion anymore.

Here is one example of the results: In Grand Island, a town of only 50,000, there is now a big problem with Hispanic gangs, originally from Los Angeles, now they're here. This from yesterday, regarding the arrests of several East Side Locos gang members, a gang that has ties to an international Latin gang:

Neb. Gang Raids Yield 14 Arrests, Promises of More

GRAND ISLAND, Neb. — A massive central Nebraska raid may have decapitated a violent gang, but officials say they have no plans to let up and allow the group to thrive again in the Plains manufacturing and retail hub of Grand Island.

The arrest of a dozen suspected gang members was trumpeted Thursday after 120 officers from the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and local law enforcement agencies conducted simultaneous raids in the 50,000-resident city 125 miles west of Omaha. Two more arrests were made Thursday evening to complete the gang roundup.

Local officials welcomed the effort to rein in gang activity but law enforcement offered few details about their continuing investigation into the East Side Locos, which has ties to the international Surenos gang based in southern California. Officials refused to discuss specifics of the gang's activities and origins Thursday.

Police say gangs have been active in Grand Island since at least the mid-1990s, but their strength and influence has varied. Hall County Attorney Mark Young and other officials promised to keep up pressure on gangs across central Nebraska through a recently expanded law enforcement task force.

On Wednesday, an FBI SWAT team captured a 24-year-old Grand Island man indicted on 11 federal weapons charges and three federal drug charges. Eleven more suspects were captured between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. Thursday as teams of officers served arrest warrants throughout the area. Two suspects that eluded capture in the morning raid were arrested Thursday evening after Grand Island police received a tip.

The 14 indicted men face a combination of federal weapons and drug charges or state drug and gang recruitment charges. They all lived in Grand Island and were either U.S. citizens or legal residents.

At least five of the men are expected to appear in state court late Friday morning. The men facing federal charges are scheduled to appear in a Lincoln court on Monday.

Mike Feinberg, acting special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations within ICE, said the East Side Locos is one of the largest criminal organizations Grand Island has ever seen and "one of the most violent criminal street organizations in Nebraska."

Feinberg's agents help track international aspects of gangs, and over the past two years Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents have arrested 80 gang members, including some in Grand Island. But Feinberg refused to detail the East Side Locos' international ties or say how many of those 80 arrests were made in Grand Island.

Grand Island Police Chief Steve Lamken said many of the city's residents probably aren't affected directly by the East Side Locos, but "the gangs are involved in a lot of our violent crime."

Three men arrested Thursday have been charged with violating a new Nebraska law that made it illegal to recruit new gang members. Court documents filed in support of those charges say the East Side Locos have been active in Grand Island since at least 1997.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Weysan Dun said criminals shouldn't see this week's arrests as an opportunity.

"Don't think for one second that today's arrests create a void for you to move into," Dun said.

Members of the East Side Locos have been convicted of drug trafficking, armed robberies, witness tampering and burglary, according to court documents. The gang allegedly maintains a "Homie Fund" _ money made available to members when they are released from jail _ supported by fees members pay on every ounce of methamphetamine and pound of marijuana they sell.

Grand Island's gang problems were highlighted earlier this year when a 15-year-old student was shot at a home in the city in what was believed to have been a gang-related altercation. Rumors of retaliation soon followed, prompting police to station officers carrying AR-15 assault rifles at Grand Island High School entrances in February to prevent any problems.

Joel Hoffman, 60, a semiretired manufacturing worker, said he's lived in Grand Island for nearly 50 years, and is glad to see federal officials going after suspected gang members.

"Nothing good can happen from these gangs," Hoffman said.

Officials promised the arrests won't be the end of the enforcement.

"This is the start of a new and safer Grand Island," Young said.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20101119/APA/311199885
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast