Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

English is used in this Country not some foreign language..either your an American or your not....complain, complain, complain, we all need to do that, enough of this politically correct crap.....these people are not politically correct .....why should any of us be...

You made some great points. But we need discretion, and we need to pick our battles on when to fight back. I used to work at Hewlett Packard. I was there for 21 years until my job and thousands of others were out sourced to Maylasia for cheep slave labor. While at H.P. I complained about a group of hispanics that spoke only spanish. This went on for many months until I spoke out. This action almost got me fired. I was orderd to take "diversity training". I was told to be tolerent of other cultures. I was put up before a tribunal like I was some kind of criminal for speaking out against spanish speeking at work. I was forced to appear before the personnel magagement department head of H.P opperations out of Oregon in a telephone conference call with my Suppervisor, Section Manager, and others from the Personnel Department. It was hell. Be careful out there.

To the OP I have similar issues and clash with some relatives over illegal immigration in the same ways you do with your husband. I have Hispanic heritage but mine is mostly Hispano heritage that roots back to the Spanish conquistadors. I have some relatives who believe that I shouldn't be against illegal immigration because of my race.

Your examples of past immigration eras were different is very correct. Today's illegal immigrants aren't honorable as past legal immigrants who worked for their livings and didn't live off the system.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

You made some great points. But we need discretion, and we need to pick our battles on when to fight back. I used to work at Hewlett Packard. I was there for 21 years until my job and thousands of others were out sourced to Maylasia for cheep slave labor. While at H.P. I complained about a group of hispanics that spoke only spanish. This went on for many months until I spoke out. This action almost got me fired. I was orderd to take "diversity training". I was told to be tolerent of other cultures. I was put up before a tribunal like I was some kind of criminal for speaking out against spanish speeking at work. I was forced to appear before the personnel magagement department head of H.P opperations out of Oregon in a telephone conference call with my Suppervisor, Section Manager, and others from the Personnel Department. It was hell. Be careful out there.
    Why is it so hard for individuals to understand that we as Americans can find the constant noise of foreign languages to be an annoyance. Often at times it is no difference than being around someone playing rap music at a high volume. Sorry folks but not all languages are pleasant to listen to.

I find spanish in itself to be a pleasant enough language to listen to. But what I don't find pleasant is this necestity to talk volumes higher than would seem necessary to carry on a conversation.

Take example what happened to me yesterday. I went to Kaiser's for a doctor's appointment. I walked into the restroom followed by two woman. One was speaking Spanish, one answered in English. As I went into my stall the Spanish speaking lady went into the one next to me. She continued rattling off Spanish very loudly with the other lady answering in English. It was obvious that both ladies understood English, so why this multilanguage conversation. Why did the one speaking Spanish have to talk at the top of her voice, while the English speaking lady was able to speak softly?

I was annoyed and found myself scurrying away from the situation. I did not like the feelings that I felt and have been doing a lot of thinking about the situation and have come to the conclusion that intentional or unintentionally Spanish speaking people have come up with a great way of controlling Americans.

Years ago I took a class for secretaries called "Taking Charge". We learned that everyone has a certain space around them where they have control. If you invade that space you take charge. If someone is standing and you stand in their space while they are sitting, you have all the control.

By someone speaking loudly in a foreign language our space is being invaded and we find ourself feeling controlled. We are uncomfortable and feel irritated, so what do we do? We move, we leave to regain our comfort zone.

Depends on how it is done - the non-English speaking. Mostly it is very clear that it is done as a form of militance, part of the reconquista victimology culture. Mostly it is done as a form of rudeness. How many times have the non-English speakers carried on cussing and saying absolutely horrible things about those who they think do not understand what they are saying? Many times in my experience. It has become a form of hostility and overt bullying - so the English only laws that people have voted for in the past should be enforced. Even just a few days ago someone tried to physically knock me out of line at the supermarket just because I am perceived as non Hispanic. This was done right in front of the cashier.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Los Angeles 'Little Mexico and El salvador hotspot'
    Here in L.A it's the I.A hellhole..........This city will never get cleaned up because they will never let it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by browneyes106
    To the OP I have similar issues and clash with some relatives over illegal immigration in the same ways you do with your husband. I have Hispanic heritage but mine is mostly Hispano heritage that roots back to the Spanish conquistadors. I have some relatives who believe that I shouldn't be against illegal immigration because of my race.

Your examples of past immigration eras were different is very correct. Today's illegal immigrants aren't honorable as past legal immigrants who worked for their livings and didn't live off the system.
    That's what I'm saying. Also, I just feel that a hispanic AMERICAN who's family has been here for generations and who has paid into the system is just different from someone who just came here from Mexico illegally yesterday. It just is what it is.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    Depends on how it is done - the non-English speaking. Mostly it is very clear that it is done as a form of militance, part of the reconquista victimology culture. Mostly it is done as a form of rudeness. How many times have the non-English speakers carried on cussing and saying absolutely horrible things about those who they think do not understand what they are saying? Many times in my experience. It has become a form of hostility and overt bullying - so the English only laws that people have voted for in the past should be enforced. Even just a few days ago someone tried to physically knock me out of line at the supermarket just because I am perceived as non Hispanic. This was done right in front of the cashier.
    That happens a lot here too, they will literally get on top of you and start reaching over your cart to put their things on the conveyor belt. I have found an almost fool proof solution to that though, I have found that if I get in a caucasion or african american cashier's line the immigrants do not get behind you very often. They prefer to get in a Spanish speaking cashier's line.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234