Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Singer Jackie Evancho to Perform National Anthem at Trump Inauguration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Singer Jackie Evancho to Perform National Anthem at Trump Inauguration

by DANIEL NUSSBAUM
    14 Dec 2016
    292 comments

Teenage singer Jackie Evancho will perform the National Anthem at Donald Trump’s inauguration in Washington, DC on January 20, the President-elect’s inaugural committee announced Wednesday.

The 16-year-old opera singer is best known for her appearance on America’s Got Talent, where she finished second during the 2010 season, at just 10 years old.

“I have recently been asked by the President-elect to perform the National Anthem for the swearing-in ceremony at the inauguration,” Evancho said on Today Wednesday morning. “I’m so excited. It’s going to be awesome.”

Evancho’s performance follows previous National Anthem singers Aretha Franklin and Beyoncé, who performed at President Obama’s first and second inaugurations, respectively.

The young singer has met Trump before; she snapped a photo with the now-President-elect at his Mar-a-Lago club in 2010.

There has been speculation that other singers could perform at Trump’s inauguration, including country star Garth Brooks and rapper Kanye West.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...-inauguration/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you Jean!! Oh she will be wonderful!! Great choice, Donald J Trump!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jackie Evancho Album Sales Skyrocket After Announcing Inauguration Performance

by JEROME HUDSON
    26 Dec 2016

Teenage opera prodigy Jackie Evancho has seen sales of her recorded music shoot up since it was confirmed the singer will perform the National Anthem at Donald Trump’s inauguration in Washington, DC on January 20.

Evancho’s 2011 “Dream With Me” album and her 2010 “O Holy Night” offering are both sitting at No. 2 on the Billboard charts.

The former America’s Got Talent star’s weekly album sales have quadrupled, according to TMZ.

Evancho said she’s “excited” to sing at the prestigious event.

“I have recently been asked by the President-elect to perform the National Anthem for the swearing-in ceremony at the inauguration,” Evancho said earlier this month during an interview on Today. “I’m so excited. It’s going to be awesome.”

While interest around the young star’s music has mushroomed in recent weeks, she says reaction to news of her forthcoming performance hasn’t all been positive.

“My family is kind of a big target. I have a transgender sister and so a lot of hate goes towards us,” Evancho told People. “But I also get a lot of love. So, we pay most attention to that. Sometimes we get really annoyed with the hate, everyone does, we have to admit it but we just ignore it.”

At 16, the singer’s catalogue already include six studio albums. Her O Holy Night EP made her the youngest solo artist ever to go platinum in the U.S. Billboard also ranked Evancho the No. 1 Classical Albums Artist of 2011.

In 2010, when she came in second place on America Got Talent, Evancho took a photo with now-President-elect Trump at his Mar-a-Lago club.

The Radio City Rockettes and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir are also set to perform at Trump’s inauguration.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...les-quadruple/